ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long do 1.2's go for?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Define 'abused'?

I like to drive mine enthusiastically sometimes, it's more fun that way. Don't bounce the limiter ever though or rev the tits off it all the time.

Za**** & Xr250R
Well what i mean is he never redline's his car nor does he treat it like a sport car yes from time to time he does drive enthusiastically but not every time he get's in his car, so as long as you don't drive it like a race car you will get alot more life out of the engine :)

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Fair enough yeah. However I don't recommend driving like a granny all the time, not letting it stretch it's legs is almost as bad as bouncing it.

F56 MINI Cooper S
1.2s dont have a redline :D wat you mean driving like a granny, depends what you call thrashing it etc?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
1.2s dont have a redline :D wat you mean driving like a granny, depends what you call thrashing it etc?

Like never going over 3000rpm. There's only so much thrashing you can do in a 1.2 tbh, only abuse I can imagine is driving around in 1st all the time, even on motorways.

F56 MINI Cooper S
i rarely take mine over 3500 when driving through the gears, obviously its above that on motorway as you wont be doing over 60 in that case

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
i rarely take mine over 3500 when driving through the gears, obviously its above that on motorway as you wont be doing over 60 in that case

I have to guess revs. :(

I raced a 1.2 Corsa last night lol was epic from the lights. Trying so hard but still not speeding ftw.

My 1.2 had 33k miles on it, not a single problem.

Then the airbag light was showing... probably because 2 of them deployed after i hit a wall *blush*.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

they do have a redline.

as long as the engine is up to temperature and regularly serviced using the FULL Rev range wont do it any harm what so ever.

Cornering hard and braking hard takes its toll on the suspension components and brakes so if driving like this you will want to keep an eye on and replace when needed the dampers, suspension bushes, drop links, track rods and track rod ends, brake fluid etc

F56 MINI Cooper S
ye mines an expression, no redline. Do the dynamiques have one then, if so, why, same engine etc?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ye mines an expression, no redline. Do the dynamiques have one then, if so, why, same engine etc?

redline has nothing to do with the engine, the dials in the dynamique go into red the others dont, think your confusing it with the rev limiter? 6250 iirc on all of the 1.2 16vs

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
we had an Lreg 1.2 in at work 2day with 23k on the clock 16stamps in the book lol