ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long do plate changes usually take?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
From your experience, how long will it take for DVLA to put my private plate on retention and receive my original reg and docs back? Just Posted it all off earlier this evening.

Ta

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Within two weeks.

They say allow upto 4 iirc, but 9 times out of 10 it will be back within 2.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
It would've been easier for you to drive to Filton Ali!

Havent got time to drive to Bristol mate. They dont change it their and then though do they? Was £105 to put it on rentention, mental! Its my dads plate anyways so hes paying!

Never above 25mpg
Havent got time to drive to Bristol mate. They dont change it their and then though do they? Was £105 to put it on rentention, mental! Its my dads plate anyways so hes paying!

Yeah I paid £125 and that included transferral onto another car. Took me about a week to transfer through but after stories of people losing V5s and MOTs in the post found it was much better to get it done in person!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
They will do it straight away. You'll still have to send the V5 off, but assuming your insurance is sorted, you can drive home on the spot with a plate change !

Audi A3
i sent mine off and received it back, but even a week after receiving it back theyve still not claimed the cheque it seems.

this usually happen when it takes a little longer?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Still havent had my log book back or rentention documents, but i had the tax discs, mot, and new reg back on the 23rd of Dec?:(