ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long does the ECU store faults??

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I got my car booked in on Sat with Renault, due to the ESP and Service light coming on.

It came on 3 times on Friday last week, but nothing since.

I guess there is a certain amount of start ups till it gets wiped, I just don't want to pay for Renault to plug it in and say there's nothing wrong.

Clio 172 mk2
That's a pain in the a*se

I used to disconnect the battery on my Subaru as well to clear teh ecu fault codes.

How do you actually clear the faut codes....is it a case of getting to the ecu via the OBD port?

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Thanks for the offer Jon, but i'm in Bristol, only a little south from you.

Sorry guys, I don't want to clear them, I want them to show up stored on the ECU so they can fix it.

It's the ESP and service light which hasn't shown up for a week and it's going in tomorrow, I just wondered if it will still be on there tomorrow.

Volvo S60 T5
fault will be stored until its erased with clip system or similar.
I expect the fault you have may just be the brake light switch.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
how can you make a renault clip sytem laptop ? i think the area reps should have these and offer the service free of charge to CS members

Clio 172 mk2
Must be able to do this with a laptop, OBD port lead and the appropriate software.

Does anyone know how to do this DIY or where I can get the gear from.

I need to get my ecu reset to get rid of the bloody emissions light.

Must be able to do this with a laptop, OBD port lead and the appropriate software.

Does anyone know how to do this DIY or where I can get the gear from.

I need to get my ecu reset to get rid of the bloody emissions light.

You can buy the bits DIY but IMo might as ell get a garage to do it it cheaper unless you needs the lights cleanring often.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
it would be an extra insentive for people to join CS net, if they know that they can go to a meet and have warning codes cleared and have a laptop plugged into their car, i think that would make it a really ace club :c) like on tokyo drift, :) who has a wiring diagram and part numbers from maplin / RS components, and where can we down the software from ?

Last edited:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Trust me you can't clone the clip it would cost you far too much IMO

The CD00 install is also like rocking horse poo!

We have the clip and subscribe to updates yet we don't have the install CD

There was a bloke on ebay selling the so called clip laptop but it didn't have any of the dongles or anything, he also wanted 150 quid for a CDR!

Paul

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
oww :( can't we organise a gang raid, we book someones clio in to have warnign light cleared, we all stand around whilst they do it, then distract him, then someone runs off with the laptop ? and we all go, we don't know he was. :) only joking (pm me if interested ;) )

it would be an extra insentive for people to join CS net, if they know that they can go to a meet and have warning codes cleared and have a laptop plugged into their car, i think that would make it a really ace club :c) like on tokyo drift, :) who has a wiring diagram and part numbers from maplin / RS components, and where can we down the software from ?

Clip computer and laptop is £5k list price only a few people on the foum have them and there own them as a job so why would they do them for free.

I might have a free fix soon though for meets.

The Clip softwae needs the CAN clip thats the problem (its hardware based) the softwares not as much of an issue.

172cup
when i changed my cat for a decat, i had no warning lights on.

Then one day out of the blue, my car went onto 'get home same mode', emmsions light came on, and drove like a bag of shite for ages. Never took it to reno, kept over ruling the 'get home safe mode' and electronic wanring lights.

... then one day driving on the motor way my car clicked from 59,999 to 60,000 and all warning lights went off, and drove like a different car.

Its now been about 2,000miles since, and still no warning lights. Strange

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
It will sell for at least a grand and like i say the CAN unit is also expensive and looks to be not included

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
I've got a OBD cable for my car, which comes with some generic software that lets you monitor the engine sensors and lets you view and delete faults.(though my car doesn't have any warning lights at the moment so not sure if that works or not)

I'm in Brazil at the moment but will have a play on my return as I will have plenty of time on my hands.(Redundant as of the 6th of November)

link attached to OBD website http://www.ukobd.co.uk/

I have had a bit of a play and the total band width is about 2.5Hz.

If somebody is considering buying would recommend getting the base package as the additional software with the low logging rate is not worth it.

Hope that helps

Giles