ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long should a bottle of wax last?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lols.

I’ve never used it so can’t really shed light. Does seem excessive though.

But yeah, shiney.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Think I've got 1/3 of the bottle left now. God damn. 7 hours, what feels like a sprained wrist and most of a bottle of wax:

Q96JnHB.jpg

O4lNnKU.jpg

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Any wax, liquid or hard wax needs to be applied as thinly as possible, overlapping areas when applied. As long as your not plastering it on then you'll be fine.
But as long as your happy with the outcome, even if you used the whole bottle, that's all that matters :tongueout:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Aye, I should try and not buy a black car next time. Rain is due any minute now... At least it's clean, clay bar was fun - so weird being able to buff the side skirt without hearing scratching noises!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Any wax, liquid or hard wax needs to be applied as thinly as possible, overlapping areas when applied. As long as your not plastering it on then you'll be fine.
But as long as your happy with the outcome, even if you used the whole bottle, that's all that matters :tongueout:

Lol.

Pls educate me, why does it need to be thin?

1 sec..

Does this look too thick or about right?

pLkfkid.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That looks an ass to remove. Quite grainy?

Bet that’s lots of fun if it dries lol. Depending how you far you want to get into. I find natty blue wax a piece of piss to use.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
The applicator your using should be moist (not dripping wet with water just soft and easy to move with your hand), that looks perhaps a touch too much wax but not anything to really worry about. You can tell by the appearance, there are a few areas that have raised bits where the wax/polish has been applied over the top of other layers and it's found it's way into the panel gaps.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
You will be finding white bits appear over the next few days aswell....

Overall your car will have a thick layer of wax, but you could have saved yourself alot of work (and wax) by doing 2 thin layers.. what was you using to apply the wax??

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You will be finding white bits appear over the next few days aswell....

Overall your car will have a thick layer of wax, but you could have saved yourself alot of work (and wax) by doing 2 thin layers.. what was you using to apply the wax??

Meguires applicator pads and the cloth that came with the wax.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Cheers dude, I've trawled carwow/autotrader several times to look for replacements but (for the money) there's nothing I'd rather have that's not a heap more money.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wow! Was that nearly a bottle on a car? I've had products for nearly 10 years!!!

Oh and don't buy anymore of it, it's pretty s**t! Have a look in the deatiling section. Bilt hamber have a liquid wax. Hydra wax iirc.

So many good products out there including AIOs.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Wow! Was that nearly a bottle on a car? I've had products for nearly 10 years!!!

Oh and don't buy anymore of it, it's pretty s**t! Have a look in the deatiling section. Bilt hamber have a liquid wax. Hydra wax iirc.

So many good products out there including AIOs.

Yes nearly a bottle lol. I have never detailed a car before mindyou, and I had to push myself as I got bored after the first wash.

I followed Rich's old guide and he said buy something from a list of names and I did... Knew I'd still get it wrong lol.

This stuff gally? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004553WIS/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Rich's guide is like 10 odd years old? Products have changed massively in that time. Research research research. That's half the fun.

Polished bliss offer free delivery also.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice and thin. Also zaino z2 followed by a wipe down of z6 or z8. Just immense. Z2 is a very very fine sealant. The Americans call it polish. Go on you tube and see how little is required.