ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long should it take?

172 Mk2 Ph1
How long should it take for a garage to change a drive shaft on my 172? Also anyone know where I can get one from that doesnt cost the earth? Should I try Matt?

Thanks.

172 cup'd extreme
the passenger side takes longer and you also have to change the gear box oil. an hour passenger , half hour drivers side

hi mate had my passenger side one done and it took 2 hours mate at a a labour cost of 28 per hour and they had to change the gear box oil.i checked with renault and they confirmed this and also said it would actually take 3 hours!!! muppets!!!

mate i got my driveshaft from parts gateway with a 3 month warranty delivered for 45 i think renault want 160 plus vat for a new one...and as i said if you get a good garage at a cheap price then you be looking at no more than 150 really

K20 EG Hatch
Gearbox oil isn't that expensive really and you dont need that much of it. Someone will come along shortly and be a bit more specific im sure....

BMW M135i
Its £10 a litre from halfrauds (ouch) and I had to use 3.5l of it for my JB3 box, not sure if the JC5 is the same it'll be around the same sort of mark. Needs to be drained and replaced as it'll come out of the diff when you remove the driftshafts.

Actually made a massive improvement changing it for me anyway, silky smooth changes. Although that could have been the knackered clutch and box seal I had.

172 Mk2 Ph1
turns out its not the drive shaft, doh! But the engine is in wonkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the upper drivers side mount needs replacing, that'll give you a knock :-0

bmh.01 said:
Its £10 a litre from halfrauds (ouch) and I had to use 3.5l of it for my JB3 box, not sure if the JC5 is the same it'll be around the same sort of mark. Needs to be drained and replaced as it'll come out of the diff when you remove the driftshafts.

Actually made a massive improvement changing it for me anyway, silky smooth changes. Although that could have been the knackered clutch and box seal I had.
Yep almost the same its slightly less in theory as the 5 box has bigger gears but the difference is tiny.