ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long till PC??

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
i have spoken to Brazo about getting him to PC polish my car, but i had a t**t hit me and its having new bumper, wing and door....

how long should i leave the car before i think about getting it pc'd??

Once the laquer is cured / dried say a week, will it be ok or should i leave it longer say 4 weeks or so?? :S

106 GTi
The car should be fine to polish as soon as it comes out of the bodyshop. Bear in mind they will have probably machined polished the parts of the car they have done worked on and painted when you collect it.

It's the waxing and sealing your no meant to do for 30-60 days (bodyshop will advise) because the paint needs time to cure.

Octavia VRS
I asked the bodyshop the same kind of stuff when I went to collect my car after it got a new bumper/wing. They told me I could polish, wax and glaze straight away as the new paint had been baked in the oven.

I washed it yesterday but decided not to polish/wax/glaze for a few weeks just to be on the safe side. Still came up really well with AG Shampoo and then just concentrated on getting my wheels/tyres and bump strips really clean. Quite a lot of overspray on my drivers side mirror but got that off after a good clean and applying AG Bumper Care