ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long until "new-car-smell" goes?

VX220 lightning
Ive had my 182 for about 8 months now and its just over 3 years old and ive lost the new car smell it had when i got it :(

just wanted to know who has the oldest car with the new car smell!

Buy a "new car smell" xmas tree air freshener lol.

Mine went after i put my poppy coral air freshener in.

Think the new car smell gets abit sickly after a while.

Mini Cooper S sport
I love new car smell! Mine went after about 6 months of having the 182, but it wasn't brand spankers when I got it.

product-5303675.jpg
lol

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Mine still has a hint of new car and its 7 years old!!! :D
Thats why ive kept my mk1's as dirt cars and for taking the dogs out in so they dont stink my new car out!
The new car fragrance magic tree doesnt really smell of new car though i dont think, i have one in my works van, but only cause my boss farts! lmao

172 ph2
Can you actually buy some product which gives it that smell ? I know you can get the magic tree new car smell but it only lasts a few weeks at best.

Whenever I have got a "new" - ie second hand car, from a dealer, it has always had the smell for a few months... they must use something when they valet it to give it that smell ?

The new car smell is just the general clean smell i think. If you clean with good products, dont smoke, have pets or eat in the car etc it will always have that new car smell.

I dont like it that much really. Like the air freshener smell better.

Clio 200 FF
if you have full or part leather then use Gliptone leather conditioner - this rejuvenates the leather and gives it the new leather smell - well worth it :)