ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low am I

Hey i own a 5-door clio and i bought it lowered. Is there any way i can check exactly how much its been lowered? Preferably hassle free :p

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

best bet will be measure the gap between the front wheel and tyre.

think if its around 1cm or less youve been lowered 55mm if more than that you more likely 35mm drop

If its got standard wheels, go and measure a standard one.. from say, sill to the floor.. and compare.

If you have aftermarket wheels, then its going to be slightly harder.

Daz.

heh cheers, yeah i got 15" alloys on at the moment. so do i measure from the centre of the wheel to the top of the arch? i wanst aware they had a bottom? :p and what do i compare it to? a normal unlowered clio.

well it doesnt matter how big ya wheels are the centre will always be the same!

and top/bottom of arch???? ahh u know what i mean :p

You should always keep contact details of the previous owners for a bit incase things go wrong etc.

Do you know the make of suspension?

adams_2k, thats what it should be... about 37.5 I think when it was first done, but I reckon its dropped a bit since then. Ill have to see.

Daz.

hey i just measured the lowness of my clio. its 60mm at the front and 75mm! at the back ouch. No chance for 17s then. unless i find some super mega coachworks company willing to cut and hack at my car. Everythings possible :p