ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Low Can I Go

i have some valver alloys on me car which is a 94 1.2 :D

i wanna go as low as poss wthout it catchin

about 55mm? :devilish:

whats everyone think?

cheers

scott

Well, I had to do some serious rear arch grinding on 35mm on Valver wheels with 195/50/15..

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 September 2003

nope, -55 is fine with valver wheels.
Youll need arch work, and if you dont... every car is different.

I dont care what anyone says, -35mm with Valver wheels and 195/50/15 tyres.. you need arch work, theres a lip inside in the arch which it catches.

if you dont care what anybody has to say, your opnion really doesnt matter then.

My RT was that low with 195/50/15s and the only arch work consisted of cutting a tad off the sh*t shields.

Aint yours a 5 door?

Well every Clio is different then, because on the inner arch.. theres a lip.. just a metal bit which sticks out.. and it catches on bumps mainly when there is weight in the back.

I know someone else whos had this, so the only explaination is, the 3 door inner arch doesnt have the lip.. cus its definetly there on 5 door Clios.

all of them have the lip.

After the first few bumps with the back fully laden then itll bend the lip......and youll have no more problems.

Theres the arch lip.. then inside, on the inner arch skin, theres like a square big fat thing sticking out.. thats where mine caught anyway. Might be ok now Ive given it some Dremel..

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 September 2003

yea, i just whacked that back with a hammer
I got a little angrier.. I cut it, I grinded it, then I smacked with hammer.. hah.