ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how low do i go

54 plate clio, lowered on coilovers... about 90mm or slightly more all round... on 16's though:

IMG_0166.gif

Meg on pistonheads £6995
^ ^ those megane wheels look triffic :)

I've got 17" Catalunya's, 40mm drop

40K miles lowered on standard shocks with no probs!

MINI Cooper S
Mine needs lowering, how much would you folks recommend? I dont want any issues with scraping or whatever, just want a simple job, put them on, wheels back on and go! Would 40mm be sufficient?

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG%5D

Mini Cooper S sport
Those two cars look like their suspension's collapsed..all just my opinion of course.

I think they look MUCH better when the wheel just nicely fits the arch - when you can't see the top of the tyre it looks stupid, so 90mm is way too low I think.

IMO.

30-40mm is ideal really.

Not being able to park in 99% of car parks must piss you off somewhat?

I had issues when lowered 40mm.

Got the scrapes on the underside of the exhaust to prove it lol

MINI Cooper S
Ooh thanks for the photoshop mate. Definitely gonna get it done at some point. Probs 40 mm. Few questions though (surprise suprise!) First off is it worth just getting springs? Or will that eventually kill my dampers etc. If a kit, which one? Bare in mind im forever skint being a student and all. LAst question is what does it usually do to insurance? Does it put it up a lot or does that depend on whos your insurer? And breathe..

Turbos.
Depends on the insurer and your age really...

I would simply save for the FK Coilovers, you can get them at a good price from 2Modified. They are over £400, so perhaps 4 times the cost of springs, but 10 times better! You can go as low as you like and i actually thought the ride was as good as standard.

MINI Cooper S
I will have a look on 2modified. Im only 18 (just 18!) and am with Zurich so i might have to give them a call and enquire about the costs.

Mazda MX5 1.8
mines lowered a fair bit as well

P1000257.gif

gonna be raised up soon as im fed up of it being no fun to drive and constantly ass clenching over every bump
managed to bend the s**t out of my exhaust on a cobbled stone the other day which was the turning point

maybe not low compared to some but..... low enough

Last edited: