ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how low do i go??

clio 172
aup

lookin to get the clio 172 lowered asap.

dont want it too low jus a nice amount so the ride isnt too harsh and the car will feel more solid in the bends. i was thinkin 30mm ish. would this be suitable? any recommendations on springs at all.

is it worth getting shocks aswell or jus springs?

cheers

clio 172
ye i got mine down thirty mm, and its handles great plus the car sits flat. K-Tec racing, have a large selection of springs and shocks, call them as they really know there stuff to suite all budgets plus lots of tuning parts, turbo convertions the lot.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
eibach springs are popular on here if you just want to go down the spring road, failing that most people grab a set of coilovers.

Mazda MX5
I have no renault experiance yet until my 197 is delivered.. That will be staying standard, whey, for a couple of month at least...

My MX5 currently has a set of GAZ Coilovers fitted, was £500 for a brand new set and TBH with you all they are the best coilovers i have ever owned!

The amount of adjustability in both damping and ride height is fantastic...

Maybe worth having a look to see if you can get them for the Clio...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Gaz coilovers seem to get a ripping on here due to peopling saying they are really stif, I have Gaz gold coilovers and they are perfect for the job in hand :)

Mazda MX5
Gaz coilovers seem to get a ripping on here due to peopling saying they are really stif, I have Gaz gold coilovers and they are perfect for the job in hand :)

I got slated for not getting the usual 'KYB AGX Shock and Flyin Miata' setup on the MX5... Now people have ahd a drive of my MX they soon changed there opinion and oredered a set...

Each to there own tho' isn't it, but i swear by them....

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive also found Gaz really helpful when ive needed little bits and bobs for mine, always dealt with Mark there :)

Have fun with the 197, love them in white! :D