ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many batteries in a Clio Mk2 key fob?

Renault Clio 1.6
Hi. I replaced the battery in my Clio Mk2 (2001) key fob about 3 or 4 months ago. It has just started being difficult ot unlock the car. The red light doesn't flash. But after, say, about half a dozen tries it will flash and unlock the car.

I wondered if the battery was losing power (already?!) or if, indeed, there should be 2 in it?

Thanks in advance.

Renault Clio 1.6
Thanks for that. I ended up checking the inside of the remote and ensured it was clean and that the spring contacts were making good contact with the battery. Ended up bending the contacts a little so the contact was good. This has helped a lot.
Only problem now is that since doing this the service light occasionally flashes quickly when turning on the ignition instead of staying on steady. I overcome it when this happens by holding on the plip when turning on the ignition.