ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many miles from PE2's T1R's?

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Hi guys,

been searching the forums for thos and havent really found a good answer

I am trying to decide what new tyres to go for with PE2's, Toyo T1R's and Hankook V12 evo on the shortlist.

I am currently on PE2's which were on the alloys when I bought them a few months back. Been happy with them.

but can anyone comment on typically how many miles an 'average driver' is likely to get out of each or any of the above?

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
my best prices for four at the moment (not fitted) are

£205 for 4x Toyo Proxes T1-R
£330 for 4E Michellin PE2's

cant seem to find the hankook in 195/46 R16 sizes. I'm sure people were recommending the V12 Evo

those prices dont really mean much though as it depends on how much long they last

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
ah thanks. Think I heard about the ebay lot on another forum. tempting but camskill have the next day delivery.hmmm.

any thoughts from anyone on how many miles you get out of T1-R's and PE2's for comparrison would really help me.

CLIO PH1 172
i ordered from topgear on ebay yesterday at about 1.00 and they got to me at about 12 today top service!!

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
i ordered from topgear on ebay yesterday at about 1.00 and they got to me at about 12 today top service!!

thats great but I really would like some idea on what life you get out of T1-R's and PE2.

I know PE2' are probably better overall but I dont have the money these days for the best, something that i get the best value for money for in terms of how long they will last for the cost. I dont see much on that argument on the forum

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, PE2's.... On my T .... Fronts I bought brand new in October and currently done about 7k on them. Maybe they're half way down ish. Expect another year from them tbh. So about 18k from my driving. Rears hardly wear at all. Put some on the back with a few mm left and in the same 7k now approaching the limit with about 1-2mm additionally left.

T1-Rs I had on the Williams. Didn't do enough miles quickly enough to tell you how long they would last. Hated them though.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Thx. I had T1-R on my old type r and probably got about 10k off them on the fronts at a guess but thats not a clio and these are a different size

Can anyone comment on Toyo proxes T1-R miles

clio 182
I found the toyos quite soft didn't last too long, good price for them tho, iv now got hankook v12 in 205/45 R16 and there as good as my worn PE2s I had, hankooks seem to grip well wet and dry I'm impressed with them.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Im gettin 195 40 t1r fitted tomorow ao will comwnt back on here how ever many miles in the future and let u know haha

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
I found the toyos quite soft didn't last too long, good price for them tho, iv now got hankook v12 in 205/45 R16 and there as good as my worn PE2s I had, hankooks seem to grip well wet and dry I'm impressed with them.

So using 205/45 R16 is ok instead of 195/45 R16 with my Oz ultraleggeras. is handling not affected?

How do the hankooks compare with the V12 Evo's for how many miles you get out of them.

Agree that the Toyos don't seem to last that long - at least I feel I've had tyres that last longer

clio 182
The 182 came with 205/45/16 as standard anyway, some people prefer 195s some 205s, 205 seem excellent to me.only had the hankooks for 3 months haven't really worn yet,use the car as a daily.205/45/16 will fit fine think 195s are normally just slightly cheaper.

Westy. MX5
Toyos are great for a mix of road & track but yes they do wear very quickly. Good grip in the wet as well. I'm not sure if the PE2's work out cheaper in the long run but going by the price of them, 50% more, they would have to last 50% more miles to make them whorthwhile.
Anyone used both on the same car? to give us their opinion.