ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many miles with the fuel light on?

How many miles should I expect to be able to if the fuel light has just come on?

Don't normally wait that long but was just wondering.

I know Oms found out the hard way once.

172 Cup
The light is totally unreliable.

I've done 65 miles with the light on once and on another occasion I managed about 7 whenn I ran out of fuel.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
.Griff. said:
The light is totally unreliable.

I've done 65 miles with the light on once and on another occasion I managed about 7 whenn I ran out of fuel.

Ditto.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
It's supposed to come on with 4 litres (approx 1 gallon) left IIRC. So 30-40 miles roughly.

106 GTi
Though I think it was Edde that said it can be altered on the Clip so can be different from car to car.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
So basically Day you could probably drive to work and back for about 18 days with the light on before you ran out :clown:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
51?? Bloody hell its only got a 50 litre tank.

37 this morning before i had to abandon my car.

Maz

LY 200
Doesn't the computer tell you this ?? or is that miles left before the light comes on ?? never been able to work it out

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah, it is supposed to be miles left in the tank, but it's not all that accurate and is based on the average MPG from when you last reset the counters.

You'll notice that is not very confident in itself as once the petrol light comes on it goes to -- :clown:

Clio 182
Nik said:
Yeah, it is supposed to be miles left in the tank, but it's not all that accurate and is based on the average MPG from when you last reset the counters.

You'll notice that is not very confident in itself as once the petrol light comes on it goes to -- :clown:

As I found out the other week lol, happily driving along watching the miles remaining when it went out as I hit the A3! It was showing about 30ish miles at the time.

Nik said:

Pretty useless really the estimated milage left feature is'nt it? Just when you actually need it, it go's blank! I've got around 40miles out of mine after the red light has come on. But I don't like to push it obviously. Sometimes feels like the car does'nt run as well on a near empty tank too.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Tom said:
51?? Bloody hell its only got a 50 litre tank.

37 this morning before i had to abandon my car.

he must have got it right down to the fuel in the pipes. lol.:rasp:

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd imagine that the car doesn't run too well on the dregs because it also feeds through all the dirt and impurities that sink to the bottom of the tank.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Mine rarely gets filled until its at least 20 past the -- appearing on the display.
Always starts about 80miles optimistic tho, despite average staying near enough the same and not dropping :~