ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much do i lower it?

well ive seen springs for 15-30 quid second hand and my mate will fit em for 40 notes, but im thinkin 30-40 mm?

BMW 330D
i have a 1.2 16v clio, mine was lowered 60mm all round look really good as well!. cudnt get it up the drive( steep drive!) when i drove the car home from buying it so had to have standard springs back on!

1.6 focus zetec....
What youve got to remember is if you drop it on springs more than likely you will have to change the dampers after about 12months as they start to bottom out and give way.... so that £15/£30 will be more like £150/£200.... Ok its not so bad lowering it 40mm but they can still wear out after time!!!

When i had my clio with 17's on, i enquired to fred on here (the lowering god) and he told me it was possible to go 80mm all round and 100mm if i had the right offset...maybe needing a little grinding off the arches which he would see to...so personally i'd save up some cash and put it on its tits,,,,

Kiza

adam5mith666 said:
cool ok, dont mind me, but what is the point of lowering?
You can go round bends faster cince there a lower center of gravity pls the wheels stay more normal so you've more grip.

Renault Clio
Yeh man you can go 60mm. I have done 60mm on mine but im using 16s, but there is tons of room for 17s man tons, go for it, you may lose fulll lock im not sure though better check with someone on that.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
toasty said:
Yeh man you can go 60mm. I have done 60mm on mine but im using 16s, but there is tons of room for 17s man tons, go for it, you may lose fulll lock im not sure though better check with someone on that.

Do Clio's have a full lock, I have 17's but standard springs and it has the turning circle of a bus.