ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much do your mods cost you?

I'm insured (will be from the 2nd of August) with Marker Study via Adrian Flux. I was calling to increase the milage on my policy as I had said 3000 but would end up getting bent over as they wanted to record the milage:mad: I ended up paying a higher premium but decided to ask about mods while I was speaking to them.

My previous insurer won't let me touch the 182 with a bargepole till I'm 25, currently 21. I was expecting a similar answer or a silly amount. (I've never modified my previous car as it wasn't worth doing).

I asked for a quote on coilovers, uprated brakes and a remap to be met with a rather reasonable £88 :approve:

I've no plans to do anything just yet. However it's good to know that mods unaffecting the power of the car won't increase my premium, so brakes and coilovers shouldn't cost me anything extra :cool:

What mods are you currently nursing and how much are they costing you to declare?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thats pretty good. I only ensure the Coils and Exhaust on mine. Was £18 admin fee i think. I've not insured other bits by choice however.

Thats pretty good. I only ensure the Coils and Exhaust on mine. Was £18 admin fee i think. I've not insured other bits by choice however.

Yeah I thought so too but just want to put it in prespective with others costs!

I know the remap is 'difficult' to find but obvious by the higher rev limit. However I would without a doubt decalre it as a) driving with void insurance is illegal (not to mention the repercussions for both parties in the even of an accident) and b) it isn't that much extra to declare it when my premium is already the best part of £1100.

MKV GTI
Brentacre will not increase your premium with any mods as long as they don't increase the bhp exceeding an agreed limit!

Just got insured with then and declared exhaust,sports cat, itg panel filter and braided lines at no extra cost, brilliant!

Too easy to spend money on mods now though knowing I can insure them free of charge!

I'll probaly get the exhaust done with the re-map and get it RR'd then as opposed to having a custom remap and then changing the exhaust soon after.

AF said the car is insured for 182BHP, I thought they were actually rated at 182PS & 179BHP. That £88 was a quote for increasing power upto and not over 192BHP. So assuming the car is around 165ish as it's 5 years old I should find that the exhaust & remap don't push it over 192BHp. I'd be impressed if they did!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Exhaust, coilies, brakes, spoiler, strippage didn't add to my insurance with Flux or Sky. I didn't even pay any admin fees with Flux. I hope Sky don't have any but I'm not planning on any more work to the car at the moment anyway.