ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is a good 172 worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  RB182cup&golf gti
Depends on your definition of good. Anywhere from £500 to £3k depending on a number of variables (service history, previous owners, paintwork, mileage etc etc). Have a nosey in the cars for sale section to see what others are going for

ph2 cambelt was done when mileage was needed, car did have service history untill i got hold of it was when i purchased the car the documents were lost, but the car service light comes on with ignition then out when car is started all runs fine ect, but i have done plugs and oil for pice of mind

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So not age?

Pretty sure service light is meant to come on the goes off when started? Service light doesn't mean it needs servicing either.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Didn't even know the 172 had a service light?

111k, no history = £1-1.3k

Worth more in bits unfortunately

PB Clio 172
No service stamps, serviced by yourself is never a good thing to a buyer

who did your cambelt and when was that. you said it was at the correct milage but if that was over 5 years ago then it means nothing

I would say your car is worth a grand but all depends how it drives

Maybe a 172 Cup..
No history. 111k on a 10ish year old french car.

Doesn't matter about bodywork, as for a couple of hundred quid this can be really improved, unless a wreck. The same amount won't rectify potentially 10 years of mechanical neglect. Do you have invoices for service items you've bought for self services?

Going on info available so far I'd reckon £800 tops in private sale. Can get some crackin' bargains for 1400 ish now pal...

133/225/CLS AMG
I'd say a high mileage 172, in decent condition is worth around the £1,500 mark provided it's got decent service history.

I very good condition example with low mileage and full service history is worth £2k or a little more. Going on examples for sale on Autotrader anyway.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I sold my 172, 90k miles, fsh, belts done etc for £1500 at the beginning of the year...

PB Clio 172
I'd say a high mileage 172, in decent condition is worth around the £1,500 mark provided it's got decent service history.

I very good condition example with low mileage and full service history is worth £2k or a little more. Going on examples for sale on Autotrader anyway.

if you read the OP it says he does not have service history !!

Status
Not open for further replies.