ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
granted a car is only worth what someones willing to pay for it but imo that cup is over priced and the fact that the dealer isn't even willing to enter a negotiation on the price, then their loss!

I bought a rough high millage one (120k) for under a grand and spent probably £500 tidying it up, its now pretty much a minter that runs and drives well for £1500!, and drives as good as my low miles 50k trophy! so not convinced I could spend big cash on one!

Clio 172 cup
Just the fact that he bought it a year ago, spent 5k (!?) on it and is now selling. Stuff like that rings alarms for me.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ive spent a lot on mine in a year over 3k but i love the cup i could say i want something else etc but doesnt mean theres anything wrong with the car,i would ask him for the mot number etc and check for any work done if its a genuine car he should not mind providing this good luck m8

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I've got a cat D with low miles 66k only needed panels.. Most clios have had bodywork that's not reported do why not save a few quid

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I have just acquired a snappy steering wheel and removed my old 182 wheel, was

just wondering what it's worth if I were to sell it as there is no melting on it and both thumb grips are still in tact, although it does have slight wear around the right hand side of the wheel.

176183a21c6a030b1b0a0035e86d16a4.jpg

1422f7fa084db39182c86daac78237ff.jpg

eac0d3956ac58b4dbf37a36484829d00.jpg

cd1f8b28ef13bfc1f055c0eebcaa0eec.jpg

The wear:
0fb7d25fe76633d361e3be7fd36303bb.jpg

Hello, could I please have some help putting a value on my car please?
It is a blue 182 with the following spec;
79,000 Miles with nearly full service history
Both cup packs
Cambelt and dephaser done in August 2014
Aftermarket exhaust
Really good condition cosmetically, no curbed wheels.

Thank you

Going to go and have a look at a 1.2 petrol clio on an 02 plate tomorrow for my son. The car is £500 and has 118,000 on the clock with some service history. Now I think £500 is a bit steep and ideally I want to pay around £350. Do u fellas think this is an attainable price? Any haggling advice?

Bodywork etc looks half decent from the photos.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
depends on the condition tbh, a good condition dynamique in that millage tbh is worth close to a grand as they don't rust and are cheap to fix so are always going to be desirable, especially now that fuel prices are coming down a bit and have made the 1.5DCi's a bit less desirable!

if its tatty, and an authentique/expression or similar then tbh £500 isn't too unreasonable! depends how desperate they are to part with it, nothing wrong with going in with £350 an take it from there!

We had a 1.2 Fiat Bravo with 150k on the clock. It used no oil and ran like a dream.

As long as the car has been well looked after don't let mileage put you off if the price is right.

Champion lads, I thought it was a bit over priced. .........but by the looks of things I might be wrong. Could be 2nd clio in the family tomorrow

Bit of a update.

Been and looked at two potentials. Boy is this end of the market tough!

One had head gasket failure written all over it. Seller said its a great car I've had it 2 weeks.

Needless to say I walked away.

The other was slightly better but needed clutch, brakes, bushes all perished.

No this one was knackered. White sludge in the cap, water bottle a lovely black colour and recently replaced with water. I drove the car for a bit pulled over took the oil cap off and was greeted by smoke. This one was dead

Clio 182 & insignia
So unfortunately after just a few short weeks of ownership I'm having to make the difficult decision of selling my little 182 due to some "good" news, I don't think it's going to be practical to keep two cars on the :( I'm just wondering what it's worth (and silently praying it's not enough to warrant selling it instead of sorning for the time being)

It's a light blue (not sure on color name)
2005 54 plate
Just shy of 140k with good service history
Belts and de phaser changed around 12 months ago.
Stainless catback exhaust.
An idiot owner before me sprayed the weeks black, badly, and now their peeling.

What sort of price am I looking at for this?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone tell me what a 1992 Clio 1.8 16v is worth? One owner, completely original in every way.

Cheers

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It's 2 miles down the road from me, so I have 1st viewing today which is good. But I don't know f**k all about pricing these.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There was a really REALLY clean white one for sale a while back, it was up at £1800 and it didn't sell quickly.

172 Turbo
So unfortunately after just a few short weeks of ownership I'm having to make the difficult decision of selling my little 182 due to some "good" news, I don't think it's going to be practical to keep two cars on the 😧 I'm just wondering what it's worth (and silently praying it's not enough to warrant selling it instead of sorning for the time being)

If it's the good news I'm thinking, we use our 172 Cup with 2 rugrats and it's a cracker. Double pushchair fits in the boot. Just because your todger works, you don't need to buy a people carrier.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it's the good news I'm thinking, we use our 172 Cup with 2 rugrats and it's a cracker. Double pushchair fits in the boot. Just because your todger works, you don't need to buy a people carrier.
Amen.

My mate had a Corsa VXR and the minute his wife got pregnant (before the 20 week scan iirc!) with their first he went and chopped it in for a vauxhall zafira.... WTF?!

I've got three kids and I don't need a vauxhall zafira.

Inferno 225 cup
Amen.

My mate had a Corsa VXR and the minute his wife got pregnant (before the 20 week scan iirc!) with their first he went and chopped it in for a vauxhall zafira.... WTF?!

I've got three kids and I don't need a vauxhall zafira.

I hugely irritates mate when people say if we have another kid the twingo and Megane will have to go.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I hugely irritates mate when people say if we have another kid the twingo and Megane will have to go.
I usually find it's 'men' with tiny dicks that are petrified of their wife that make comments likely that out of jealousy.

clio182, defender
Been to see this yesterday
Renault sport Clio 182

2005, 54 reg
Arctic Blue
Car completely original
Only 83k miles from new
Few age related marks
FULL SERVICE HISTORY
Stamps @ 11k, 26k, 40k, 43k, 52k, 64k, 74k, 84k
Just had full service
Cam belt done @52k
MOT: 5th July 2015
It is very very clean.

Dose £2800 seem a fair price?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mayo on the underside of the filler cap is normal on them due to condensation in the plastic rocker cover, as generally is water in the coolant as people don't change the waterpump when they do the belt and it leaks loosing coolant, of course this can lead to them overheating and blowing the head gasket but never saw it on them, they are pretty strong. most of the coolant bottles are horrible anyway due to coolant never being replaced and people sticking water in it because of the above!

mayo on the underside of the filler cap is normal on them due to condensation in the plastic rocker cover, as generally is water in the coolant as people don't change the waterpump when they do the belt and it leaks loosing coolant, of course this can lead to them overheating and blowing the head gasket but never saw it on them, they are pretty strong. most of the coolant bottles are horrible anyway due to coolant never being replaced and people sticking water in it because of the above!

This fella reckoned he had been running the car to London and back so I wouldn't expect condensation in the filler cap. Been to look at another 2 yesterday.

1 was meant to have full history and was already running when I turned up. Turned out didn't have any service history.

2nd which has been the best so far apart from some lovely accident damage bodged to the sill and door frame. Shame really as this had potential

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
This fella reckoned he had been running the car to London and back so I wouldn't expect condensation in the filler cap. Been to look at another 2 yesterday.

1 was meant to have full history and was already running when I turned up. Turned out didn't have any service history.

2nd which has been the best so far apart from some lovely accident damage bodged to the sill and door frame. Shame really as this had potential

our driving school ones do 8 hour days and still suffer from it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Buy my 1.2 for your son....

cf38df71ca71e1283fc0db829a13018f.jpg

115a3aad757da9dc4d8fcc3dfef564d7.jpg