ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much should i pay for Oil+Filter

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Renault charged me less than motorworld for mobile 1 fully synth so they cant be that bad

filter was £6

oil was about £45-£50 but mobile 1 aint cheap

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

I think they charged me £28 for labour

so thats still only 80 quidish all together

Dont go to renault unless your mental - go to a local independant garage you trust and ask them to use either oil you supply or the best they have.

Cost me £45inc vat.

Used to always do it myself but couldnt be assed on the valver.

172, Tiguan

Its cheaper to do it yourself!! plus doesnt take that long! Also then no mechanic at Renault get to touch the car- another Bonus! Just order the filter from Renault then......

Mobil 1 is almost half the UK price in France! Forget going on a booze cruise, hire a van and bring back gallons of Mobil 1!:D

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 11 June 2003

you should be using the 0W-40 in that car mate and not the Motorsport 15W-50
WHys that BRUN........

do you have any idea how hot the oil runs.

Renault recomends Elf Elite(prem plus;10w40) for standard use, or Elf ultimate 5w40;all uses

No sign of Mobile oil anywhere

10W40 or 5w40????

thats what reccomended for daily use in a temperate climate, more to do with cold running than hot running........

Skoda Fabia vRS

BenR.....hes got a 1.6 16v mate, not a valver

i would have suggested going for the motorsport version if it had been a proper 16v.....

though i still reckon you cant go wrong with 5W-40, i mean the Cup race cars use it (Elf), as do lots of other race cars, the Peugeot team uses 5W-40 Total stuff......