ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much time should a ...

clio 172 black
36k service...
cambelt
aux belt
?

and does the service light relate to mileage intervals ?

or just when there is a problem?

tarrr

Serv light only comes on if there a problem

Best do a search as with all your question for prices etc

36k service the aux belt has to be chnaged

£250 for the aux belt and 36k service however if the cambelts being done at the same time say £650 Shope round make sure the garaeg who do the work have the tols and done a 172 before though.

clio 172 black
Is the 172 difficult then ?

or any different to any other cars?

Ive taken mine to a local one ... it went in at 7:52 this morning!

And hes saying it will be ready tomorrow!

Just thought this was a long time but he did say it was a big job!

and 450 quid mate!

Thats all!

306 GTI-6
I just got some nice vouchers which are valid til end of Sept which give me a 4 year/36000 mile service for £99.00 and Cambelt change for around £220. Good news for me as my service is due at beginning of September!

Is the 172 difficult then ?

or any different to any other cars?

Just thought this was a long time but he did say it was a big job!

and 450 quid mate!
Yep 172 is a pain realy need a garage with the tools and ramps to be done easily.

Its a pain to do need the correct lokcing tools etc as the cranks not simple like other cars etc. If you've the tools and know what your doing etc then its fine just takles ages no space etc. taking the engine out makes it easier but that so much work its not worth it just might as well get your hands cut etc.

I just got some nice vouchers which are valid til end of Sept which give me a 4 year/36000 mile service for £99.00 and Cambelt change for around £220.
1.6 is easier to do.
Edde? you seem to be clued right up!
Boring geek is another word.

clio 172 black
Right!

all done 36k serv cambelt and aux belt!

been advised pads are low all round and rear ARB are detiorating!

6k to go before they need doing!