ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to get UCH programmed

As above I need to replace my UCH, iv been told once I have done this and replaced the ignition barrel etc i will need to get it programmed by renault, how much would this cost?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'd also like to know this .my UCH issue is when I close the drivers window my hazards flash..lol

Or maybe it's a perfect excuse for polocarbonate windows.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Have you both checked all of the earths?

I had a fault recently whereby the fog light bulb would stay lit permanently and then flash really brightly with the indicators. It turned out to be a poor earth at the back of the car.

Have you both checked all of the earths?

I had a fault recently whereby the fog light bulb would stay lit permanently and then flash really brightly with the indicators. It turned out to be a poor earth at the back of the car.

Yeah my mate is a mechanic for Nissan and he spent couple of hours over the weekend fault finding and all the earth etc were find, last night he bought round a spare uch from a work mate, plugged it In and the windows worked perfectly

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
A brand new uch is around £280-340 supplied, fitted and configured by us.

Why are your changing ignition barrels though?

Mick

Racing Blue 182
A brand new uch is around £280-340 supplied, fitted and configured by us.

Why are your changing ignition barrels though?

Mick
That's a great price (compared to what I have heard!) wish you were closer as I have been told I might need a new UCH as well as my exhaust management light thing won't go off, the faults won't clear, the trips reset and the dials go crazy when I start the car, and also when I unlock the car it squeaks a bit, wish that was just a dodgy earth lol.

Breaking 172 NV676
I'd suggest buying a ECU,UCH and key fobs off another clio the same model as yours rather than buying new,would work out cheaper.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
And then should you want something daft... I dunno like a new key from Renault because you break yours in the fuel cap... what then?

Key blades are ordered to VIN and by changing locks you shaft yourself. Also, its a pretty common failure to so why would you spend £100 on a secomd hand part that could fail again next time it rains?

I get it, people like to cheap out, funds are tight but the UCH is the hardest working electrical unit in the X65 and does nearly everything that you take for granted so why not buy a new one and its done for another 13yrs.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
the trips reset and the dials go crazy when I start the car, and also when I unlock the car it squeaks a bit, wish that was just a dodgy earth lol.
funny enough i had this, cleaned up the red lead on the battery and the dials stopped spazzing out on start up.

you really have to clean it properly, not just clean over with a cloth

Breaking 172 NV676
And then should you want something daft... I dunno like a new key from Renault because you break yours in the fuel cap... what then?

Key blades are ordered to VIN and by changing locks you shaft yourself. Also, its a pretty common failure to so why would you spend £100 on a secomd hand part that could fail again next time it rains?

I get it, people like to cheap out, funds are tight but the UCH is the hardest working electrical unit in the X65 and does nearly everything that you take for granted so why not buy a new one and its done for another 13yrs.

I didnt think there was a need to change the key blade, so it would still work.

Also yes it is a cheaper option and yes more likely to fail but doing the maths here, if it costs £100 for the second hand parts and it costs 280-340 for a new one. You can change it 3 times before it becomes more cost efficient to buy a new one. Its not exactly a difficult change.

Racing Blue 182
funny enough i had this, cleaned up the red lead on the battery and the dials stopped spazzing out on start up.

you really have to clean it properly, not just clean over with a cloth

I might give this a go! Thanks for the suggestion! I first thought that my battery could be on its way out but then it was thought that it is linked to the emissions light constantly being on, therefore being a bigger problem! :(