ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to repair this?

Clio 197
http://www.forumphoto.co.uk/182crash1/

Based on the fact that my cars hit 43k, and that I'll need a hire-car for the duration of the repairs IS this a write-off?

How much are parts/labour for this roughly:

Spray front wing damage
Spray rear bumper damage

New parts & fit and spray:
Side-strips
Badge
Door
Rear quarter panel

Ta,

Oms. :S :S

Don't think it's a write off, but will be expensive I reckon.

Prices for my valver (for new stuff, fitted, painted, all labour included) are about £600 new door, £1k new rear wing (if it needs it, and I reckon it does), so I reckon it'll be the same order of magnitude for your model.

(perhaps? lol :eek:)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Biffons Bridges which was very similar parts replacement came to 2.6k as a rought guide.

That was new door, rear quarter, alloy and centre cap. spray rear bumper and side skirt. so my guess is upto the 3k mark mate.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
im sure that could be repaired cheaper than that, i woudlnt use brand new parts either.

Its amazing what bodyshops can do.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Cant you buy a second hand door, colour dont matter,
New bump strips
The rear quarter could surely be bought back welding plates and firbeglass/filler?

Then respray the lot? £1000 max?

Weeman sucks ****
What's the details fo the crash? Who's fault, did you get details etc? Can it not be sorted that way?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
^ yeah i thought someone went into you ?! so are you not going through insurance ?

Punto/Clio GTT
ide get second hand door off matt black and repair the quarter as it dont look like its took any of the upper part above the moulding. most of it should pin pull out.
puttin on a new rear quarter, youll be using just as much filler blending it in as you would repairing that quarter, plus it would cost 2x 3x as much. dont really wannaa give a price guide as that could vary so so much depending where you go.
play bodyshops against each other, ask em if they can beat xxx's price, go somewhere else, keep gettin price knocked down, source parts yourself.

A number of clios
bit of t-cut will sort it out lol

no seriously it will cost abit to repair mate your talking £800+ easy

Clio 197
OH yup... sorry, I forgot to mention that it's not my fault..

...I just don't want a write-off that's all! :S

Apparently it's 60% of the vehicle's value, before they make it a total loss : So, I've got £5k to play with.

Phew.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Maxim & Crazy clio are not far away.........a good body shop could weld the body kit, pull the dents out, sort the door & paint side for less than a grand, three to five days tops. Without using any new parts apart from side mouldings which if clips are ok could be painted as new. Rubber on wheel will polish off.

Get at least 3 quotes and play them, get a refferal off forum for a GOOD bodyshop............as a bad one will f##k it up even more.