ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much would you pay for a non sport?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Evening all,

I'm going to look at a couple of non sports tomorrow for the other half as her Punto is about to blow up.

Any of you clued up in this area tell me what you think a mk2 1.2 16v should be priced at? First one I'm going to see is an 03 plate with 60k, full years mot 6 months tax, however it doesn't have a service book with it so no service history.

also anyone know how much a major service would cost on the non sport model?

Austin

I'd say a little less than 2k, they're awesome to do everything yourself. Mine came with no service receipts just the Renault service book.

Major service - timing belt, tensioner, water pump and both aux belts (AC) cost me around £100. Easily fitted by yourself there are guides for them.

As to the actual cost, I had quotes of £150-225 for timing kit inc wp.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to find a 54 plate Moondust mk2, 1 owner from new 71k, full years MOT and 6 months TAX. Its an Expression model unfortunately not a dynamique, however it does have some of the newer features due to it being a facelift model. Paid £1150 for it which i feel is a good price considering the above. It also has rear parking sensors fitted. Some service history but not full although i feel that may just be due to not keeping receipts as it appears to be in good condition for its age.also had a look at rear springs and they look very new so must of been replaced, could still see the part number printed on them and no rust at all, not even that dusty tbh. Also the colour is Moondust which i have found out is a very rare colour. Also saw previous mot which had only one advisory about brake discs, then saw the new mot from a couple weeks ago which had no advisories so the brake discs have obviously been changed also.

Would you agree it sounds like i have paid a fair price?

thanks for the info on the belts, this is something i will be getting done just to be safe.

Sounds alright to me.

Iirc the cambelt etc is due at 72k so good call to get it changed.

I payed 2.5k for mine. 05, 1.2 16v, full service history (nearly all at Renault) dynamique, 59k. Only needed an exhaust mount & coilpack when i had it. (garage said they'd change the mount as we pointed it out during a test run) Also got 12 months MOT & 6 months tax.

Great little cars, well worth!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds alright to me.

Iirc the cambelt etc is due at 72k so good call to get it changed.

I payed 2.5k for mine. 05, 1.2 16v, full service history (nearly all at Renault) dynamique, 59k. Only needed an exhaust mount & coilpack when i had it. (garage said they'd change the mount as we pointed it out during a test run) Also got 12 months MOT & 6 months tax.

Great little cars, well worth!

I had a 1.2 8v 10 years ago for my first car, then have had my 182 for the past 5 years.

Its for the other half as she currently has a Punto that is falling apart. She wants a 1 series but isn't completely sure so I've bought this until she makes her mind up as she drives 40 miles daily and don't want her having to rely on this Punto during the winter.

Seems a very fair price, PH3 are the nicest non-sport but then I'm biased :p

Servicing on these are cheap as chips and easy enough to DIY.

Any pics? Is Moondust like a Moonstone Blue? I've seen 2 clios in that colour. Kind of like them as I had a 106 in that colour...

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Yes Austin you paid a good price , I would never pay over 1.5k for a mk2 1.2.

Great. I wouldn't either. The first one we looked at which is what i had mentioned in the original post was shocking! It was a trader selling it, i did an mot check and it didn't have any mot between 2007 and 2012 so i don't know what was happening during that time. The plastic facie on the dials was cracked and the car had dints all over it, plus a huge dent in the boot lid. And no service history at all. Plus it was up for £1295.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I would not get a Clio with anything smaller than the 2.0 going petrol TBH .. dCi all the way ! 80/100 all day long over a 1.2-1.6 n/a mk2.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a very fair price, PH3 are the nicest non-sport but then I'm biased :p

Servicing on these are cheap as chips and easy enough to DIY.

Any pics? Is Moondust like a Moonstone Blue? I've seen 2 clios in that colour. Kind of like them as I had a 106 in that colour...

I didn't know the colour until i asked last night, heres the thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?723184-What-colour-is-this-Clio

I will get some proper pictures up when iv gave it a good clean. Although its the phase 3 it doesn't have the newer front bumper which is a shame so i will try and find one but with the colour being rare its going to be more of a challenge. Also its on steelies so I'm going to get a set of the dynamique wheels, the 15" version of the 172 wheels. It does however have the newer style dials with the digital display for fuel and temp. And i think the engine is different in this one? Its 1.2 16v but has a large plastic box on top of the whole engine which is different to the 1.2 16v 53 plate i looked at.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I would not get a Clio with anything smaller than the 2.0 going petrol TBH .. dCi all the way ! 80/100 all day long over a 1.2-1.6 n/a mk2.

Thats what i wanted mate, but it was to hard to find one in decent condition without huge mileage and for a good price. The 1.2 is literally because her Punto is ready to go and i want her to be safe traveling to work so had to find on asap.

work for BMW

i disagree , if you are only doing small journeys why would you want a DCI ?

My old 1.2 mk2 clio was getting up to 55mpg on good runs

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
i disagree , if you are only doing small journeys why would you want a DCI ?

My old 1.2 mk2 clio was getting up to 55mpg on good runs

It will be used daily to do 16 miles each way to and from work, all on the motorway.

work for BMW
Okay on the motorway then yea fair enough a DCI is a better shout. How ever for what I use a car for I dont do enough miles and long enough journeys to justify a diesel. Petrol is perfectly fine

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Me either. I average a tank a month in mine.. which in a turbo impreza isn't a lot lol ... I dont need >200hp or 4WD 99.9% of the time.. but knowing it's there .... well ;)

I'd almost go to say that the gf's old dCi 100 was nicer to drive 90% of the time than either of the four 1*2's we've owned between us ! (Wow. Four of the bloody things.. FFS)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up tonight, surprised just how smooth it is on the road, very impressed. Just done 300miles to Manchester and back to pick up some wheels in it.