ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much would you pay for a Super 1600 replica?

Renault Clio Super 1600
Just a quick one,

I have a lot of spare parts from my rallycross car that I could potentially use to build an imactualte 172 / 182 into a Super1600 replica.

I could put on the full bodykit inc spoiler, and fit suspension components that are wider to suit the arches, using 17" / 18" wheels of course.

The end product would be a 182 / 172 that looked the same as below.

Do you think there would be much call for a car like this, and what do you think people would be willing to pay?

Many thanks for any responses,
Cheers

ClioSuper1600_01.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I quite like the look of the super 1600 kits, certainly would allow a useful increase in trackwidth too, but i'd never be able to justify the cost for such small performance gains personally.

Listerine & Poledo
It would be borderline in my eyes

Could look really good

but could also look like a max-power, McD's drift-tray special.

Renault Clio Super 1600
Interesting that people think its a V6 wannabe look, the Super1600 is so much more developed than a V6.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It would have to have the bubbling spitting engine to match imo to warrant the extra cost of doing the rolling shell properly over the cheaply kits available I'd imagine.

Does look awesome and steps ahead of the v6

Renault Clio Super 1600
I already have the renault sport kit sitting here and the suspension bits so it wouldnt cost the earth.

Hey @HrRACING thats exactly what I'm doing at the moment... :)
the price for a totally stock immaculate 172/182 with super 1600 exteriors perfectly painted/wrapped, 17"/18" nice rims and wide suspensions should be around $20000/$25000 (Australian Dollars) Sorry i dont know your currency.

Btw, in my project i will put 6cm spacers per axle welded on the back and a longer arm/steering rod in the front, a new shock absorber with longer connections but i dont know which drive shaft i shuld use considering that i will keep the stock joints...
Any suggestions?