ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much You’re avin’ a giraffe!!

1.4 Fiesta!!!

The exhaust fell off my mk1 172 at the weekwend! I thought it just had a hole in it as it was starting to make a bit of noise early last week. Took it out Saturday morning and the damn thing just fell off in the road. Its rusted through just before the silencer, so the whole section from the CAT to the tail pipe will need to be fitted.

I just got a quote from Merityre for £410!!! I was expecting around £150-£200 but that is just insane. They said they will have to order the part from Renault and theres only one type of exhaust that will fit.

Ive just got off the phone with the Renault dealer and theyre going to get back with a quote, hope its cheaper or Im fooooked!

Does anyone have any experience in this and could give any advice?

Ive got a Magnex cat back stainless steel system for sale on the "Other for sale" section for £190 if youre interested. I used this to replace the standard exhaust on my mk1 172 when it started to fall to bits. Much better quality than the original and sounds excellent.

Im in Sheffield and its a bit heavy to post. Can meet within reasonable distance up and down the M1 corridor really. Drop me an email mailto:rhys172@yahoo.co.uk">rhys172@yahoo.co.uk if youre interested. Got a de-cat pipe going cheap too ;)

Rhys

1.4 Fiesta!!!

Offer appreciated Rhys but Im not keen on driving too far in it at the moment. Having no exhaust is making the car rattle around like mad and Im pretty sure something else is gonna come loose soon.

Plus Id have to find somewhere to fit it and most places round where I am wont touch after market zorsts.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Id definately go for a devil, magnex or supersprint stainless exhaust. Most come with a lifetime warranty and would save the same thing happening again on a OE exhaust replacement.