ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How not to get ripped off by a mechanic

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi,

I need a bit of help in this department as Ive been told by my mates that im a walk over when it comes to paying for repair work.

Does anyone have any tips for them sweet talking mechanics that try and squeeze every last penny from you?

I want to come across strong and know what im talking about!

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Just ask nicely be poliete ask them whats best for them money off for cash or just ask round more people.

defo agree with the shop around thing but once you find a good mechanic its good to keep going back to him/them

P

phill172

also do a bit of research into whats being done...sounds silly but if you show them that you know whats going on there not going to treat you like an 80 year old and charge £500 for an oil change

Saxo - rebuildin mk1 clio
best thing to do is shop around and get a quote before you agree for them to do it and if you think its extreme then yor normaly right tell them youv had a cheaper offer somewer else they soon lower it not to lose customers.
that and always look like you know what there on about and your on about even if you dont. ;) im female and it works lol..

xxshellxX<3

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ask friends/family for recomendations of a good mechanic.

Once you have found a good one that you can trust, stick with him and you won't go far wrong imo.