ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swop a clio 182 engine for a 172 ?

clio sport
hi guys , bit of a noob here
Both mechanically and when it comes to clio sports. I own a 182 and messed up my engine. After trawling the net ive found a 172 engine im told the code is F4R736 whereas mine is a 738. Please talk me through the process is it simple as removing one and slapping on the new one or are there many complications. What adjustments/modifications will i need to make. Has it been done ? know of anyone who has done it ? I'd appreciate any information thanks

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If you're putting a 172 engine in your 182 you will need to use the 172 upper inlet because the breather is different. So you'll need the breather hose that goes down to the carbon canister down the left hand side of the engine bay from the breather plate too

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
If you're putting a 172 engine in your 182 you will need to use the 172 upper inlet because the breather is different. So you'll need the breather hose that goes down to the carbon canister down the left hand side of the engine bay from the breather plate too

If he has the old engine couldn't he just swap the entire 182 inlet over to the 172 lump? The 182 might have the RS inlet on it too....

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If he has the old engine couldn't he just swap the entire 182 inlet over to the 172 lump? The 182 might have the RS inlet on it too....
Nah because the breather plate is different and so is the rocker cover. But because the rocker is line bored for the cams you can't swap it

You can blank the breathers off with a 16mm bung and a 12mm bung then sack the carbon canister off if needed when using the 182 upper inlet