ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how serious is

172 cup 10/04/10>
an airbag light, brought on by o/s/r seatbelt? looking at buying a car with this fault, dont want to buy it to find out its a masive job?

Da

Less
Pretensioner will need replacing then the Airbag computer will need resetting/replacing. Could be expensive or could be a cheap/easy fix.

Iceberg 172
I don't think you can erase crash data held on the airbag module computer thingy!

I wouldn't buy a car that's had an impact which hasn't been fixed properly.

172 cup 10/04/10>
so its not as easy as gettin a good 2nd hand reel, disconnecting battery and fitting it and hey presto?

172 cup 10/04/10>
according to seller its not been in a bump, wouldnt they all go off then tho, not just o/s/r?

Da

Less
Depends why it was fired.
They don't generally fire for no reason.

And no, it's not as simple as just fitting a new belt unfortunately.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of tape over the light on the circuit board and its all magically gone away for pennys :rasp:

Da

Less
why cant you fit a new one and reset ecu?

The ecu isn't really an issue - it's the airbag computer as I understand things. Renault will tell you it needs replacing at great expense, but they can be reset by certain companies.

See here.