ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to adjust b14

172 ph2
Hey.
So i have the b14 and i have few questions
1.The wheel must be off when adjusting the height ?
2.I have kind of second spring below the main one, I search b14 coilovers on the net and only rarely pictures have this 2nd spring (picture attached)
Anyways when i turned it a little bit i feel now that my car is less stiffer, But as i know the b14 doesn't have stiffness adjustment .
If it is stiffness adjuster , How do i exactly adjust it ? seems like i can turn it both left and right without it comes to an end.
Thanks.

attachment.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks ! And how do i adjust it ?
You see there is 2 black adjustable rings . The one that sits nearest the blue spring is the one you adjust the height of the car with . When you are done adjusting that ring you tighten the second ring on to the first one. so in effect you use the 2 c spanners to tighten them against each other.

172 ph2
Thank Optical got it , I tried to do it but the wheel was on and the ring didn't moved, So i'll try w/o the wheel
But how do i adjust the "helper spring" correctly ?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The helper spring in your pic is fine. It's sitting as it should.

Unless your car is raised high, the wheels will have to be removed to alter the adjusted rings.

172 ph2
Are you sure about that mate? Since i played with it the car is less stiffer as i said , Also you can clearly see that the spring goes up and down when you playing w/ the spring.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
100% what bloke said is correct. Helper springs are there to locate the main spring when the car is raised/then lowered so its located correctly.

They contain a small amount of poundage, but thats it.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Are you sure about that mate? Since i played with it the car is less stiffer as i said , Also you can clearly see that the spring goes up and down when you playing w/ the spring.

Just turning the helper spring will not change anything. If you think it feels softer now then it's in your head. The only adjustment is the 2 black rings at the bottom which you can use the change the preload on the springs (raising or lowering the car)