ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to clean your PiperX IK

a little bit of normal detergent in lots of water, clean with your hands but dont break the foam, can use a brush if you want.

Then get some filter oil (as this is teh filter medium NOT the foam) and spray it on, rub it in......done

clio williams, Ph1 172

I use star drops. that works great. Just like BenR said, give it a good clean and re oil. Jobs a guden.

i have some official piperx dirt retention spray if anyone wants it

i have a s-spec and do not require it any more

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

So i cant use some filter oil as it is a foam air filter Ben?

So jus clean it with some fairy liquid, then what? Thanx.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 08 May 2003

i have some official piperx dirt retention spray if anyone wants it

i have a s-spec and do not require it any more
you mean i have it (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:)

Quote: Originally posted by Mikey16vClio on 09 May 2003

So i cant use some filter oil as it is a foam air filter Ben?

So jus clean it with some fairy liquid, then what? Thanx.
no, you clean it and you HAVE to use some retention oil, on foam AND gauze type filter. THe foam and gauze hold the oil, and the oil catches the dirt, simple.

yup. K&N = gauze.

K&N uses it own oil which is kinda specific.

But with the foam filters you can use most really...either ITG< piper X, etc etc.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Done both mate, dont sell it at Halfords or on PiperX website.

Will the RAM AIR filter oil work with the PiperX? Cheers.

i use spray on ITG retention oil, its good because it has a dye in it which lets you know when to stop straying...lol...for the lazy.

All oils are near the same.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Yeah, i used the RAM air cleaner and oil treatment (very sticky stuff), and all seems well, car feels quicker than b4 it was cleaned definnetly. Thanx for the help, Mikey. ;)