ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Panel filter clean.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Recently swapped to a standard filter due to the pipercross needing a clean.

What do people recommended?. A wash with warm water etc or a dedicated spray etc...

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Needs to be pretty filthy to need a clean, IIRC K&N say it does filter better as it picks up some dirt.

Not convinced how good an idea it is with MAF systems anyway.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Mines a pipercross. Chose that a couple of years ago due to it not being oiled iirc. Assumed a washed with fairy, air dry and away we go?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I know some do with the likes of k&n. Pretty sure the pipercross is dry. Thought I'd ask on here because, knowledgeable.

👍

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
My K&N gets a bath in some petrol, blasted with the air line and maybe a light misting of oil.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know some do with the likes of k&n. Pretty sure the pipercross is dry. Thought I'd ask on here because, knowledgeable.

👍
or because stupid?

When I had my first ever Impreza, I wanted immediate wooshing and chattering so I went out and bought a K&N kit. Zero research.
It sucked the oil in and fucked the MAF.
cost me £160 for a new MAF and I threw the £250 K&N kit in the bin.

Expensive day out that was. 😂

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Same. Did a few bits to my first import impreza. The bits that need mapping'. Decat, filter etc. Drank fuel, a lot. Lol.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Stick iti n a bucket of hot soapy water. Re oil if necessary if no maf, the foam filters fall apart when they go dry.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You'll be able to tell if it's oiled by running your hand across it when you take it out.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Got an email back from pipercross. Wash it out and let it dry over night. Pop it back in and done. 👍