ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to cut out spare wheel well?

Ph2 172
Hi guys im just wondeing, if i cut out my spare wheel well on my 172 to fit a 182 exhaust... if i just weld a plate in over it would i need to strengthen it??

just weld a plate in , i have done that and get some brace bars to go underneath to give it the strength it had , took a few hours to do !!! 182 boot floor is over a £1000 new and would be a absolute nightmare to fit , would need to cut old boot floor out and cover everything in and under the car up , just be carefull when cutting spare wheel well not to cut anything when cutting it out as the fuel lines go underneath the spare wheel well , a lot of hassle for just a exhaust to be honest , i am just fussy hence why i took it out in the first place

M

mini-valver

When you come to sell it and just have some s**t 16 guage steel welded in the boot, someone will look and just spin around and run.

Ph2 172
it was just a crazy thought that just came into my head after reading another post.. tbh i think im just gonna buy a yozzasport system

Da

Less
A 182 exhaust wouldn't fit even with a 182 boot floor anyway...

You'd need the manifold and cat, or a 172 - 182 cat link made up too.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Most pointless excersise ever. Don't bother, find a way round it. There's no way you'd get a decent job of it without spending stupid money. And I wouldn't spend stupid money on hacking a wheel well out of my bootspace.

Do what's suggested: 182 for 172 exhaust. Soooo much simpler :)

Titanium 182
If I was buying a car and lifted the boot carpet to find some metal plate welded in I would laugh and leave.