ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to deceive Engine Coolant Temp Sensor?

izo

megane 1.6 turbo
Hi,

As you know I have a k4m turbo megane 1.6 16v...I have been using it for until 2 years now and not so problems we have experienced.

My problem is with the cold mornings. the mixture is too rich in mornings until the car heats up. besides my car heats up slower as we have changed the regular termosthat with that of a that cools the water more...

our problem is with the ECT, in cold mornings in order for the car to heat up, the engine opens the injectors, r****d the timing so that there is a lean mixture. in mine case since I have 500 cc injectors rather than 200 cc original ones, the gasoline is poured down:) It becomes way too ricch, the car chokes of until it heats up in 5 minutes...

we tried to deceive the ECT sensor by putting a resistance and changing the ohm value that ect sends to ecu, however we realised that on the same wire it sends both ohm and volt so that changing ohm did not change the functioning of the ect.
we want to decieve ecu that ect reads the temp as warm, so that it does not follow up the cold start procedure...

any ideas?

M

mini-valver

Is the fan ECU controlled on these? If not, just put a resistor in with the correct Ohm rating so it thinks its always hot?