ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to fit a carbon bonnet?

Civic Type -R FN2
Im buying a carbon bonnet very soon and was wondering what else i need to buy in order to get the thing on the car?

thanks tom

Cro

Meg'd r27
you'll not need to buy anything extra mate as long as you have a few spanners and a friend with some free time. just use the hinges on the car though you may need to drill holes in the carbon bonnet for the bolts and screws, window washers and stuff (if they arent already drilled). before you tighten everything up make sure u open and close the bonnet a few times to let it shift into the right position then you should be good to go.

RuFF21 said:
and what do bonnet pins do?

yopu have them insted of havin the bonnet catch, you pop the pin rings back and bam, you can open the bonnett, looks much more rallyish too :rasp: ;)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
MOFO said:
yopu have them insted of havin the bonnet catch, you pop the pin rings back and bam, you can open the bonnett, looks much more rallyish too :rasp: ;)

true but doesnt that mean some random dude on the street can open ure bonnet and help himself to the engine?"!!:eek:

Civic Type -R FN2
lol yea i dont like the look of the pins to be honest.
is it easy to put the catch on?

206 GTI
I had to make the hole for the bonnet catch on mine aswell other than that all the holes were there and it took about 15 - 20 mins all in

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Carbon bonnets rule baby!!

You could still have bonnet pins but not real ones if that makes any sense.