ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to fit K-tec Exhaust to 1.2 16v

H22A7 Accord Type R

ok, i have my twin 3" exhaust sitting in my room now! i hear the weekend is to be hot, so might get a mate, get the car on axle stands, n have a look at fitting the exhaust......

Question 1: - would the majority reccoment trying this or leaving it to a mechanic?

Q2:- The exhaust came with, a centre pipe (which has no means of attaching to any rubbers), a back box, with a clamp to fasten it to the centre pipe, and a big Bracket, which looks to go over the back box, and attach to the back box rubber!

There are no rubbers or anything supplied with the exhaust, so is it going to sit ok with the standard back box rubber, or should i get a powerflex rubber??? its a SQUARE type of thing.

Next up, if i disconnect the standard exhaust clamp on the CAT, is there a gasket between the cat n the centre pipe? or should there be one with the new system? or do they just butt-up and hold secure on the clamp? I dont want to loosen the std exhaust and find out i cant do the job.

Once loosened from the CAT, i guess i shall un-bolt the std exhaust from all the mounting rubbers, and ease it out from under the car???? yes, no?? I will have to fiddle a bit to get it out from over the axle with it being in one piece.

once out, i attach the new centre pipe to the cat, and clamp it in place, this will now just be hanging from that clamp on the cat, as from looking at the K-tec, the ONLY clamp is the hanger that attaches around the back box - IS THIS RIGHT??? ALL that should be supplied?

So, once the centre section is in place, i get the back box fed over tha axle, and slide it over the center pipe and tighten the clamp, all good!

MAIN QUESTION, should i upgrade this tatty looking rubber for the back box? (i think yes), and the HANGER for the back box, mounts onto this rubber, and around the back box, yet......what i cant get my head around is, HOW does the exhaust HANG STRAIGHT if its only supported at one side??? wont it DIP DOWN to the other side???? help people!!!!!

DO i have all the RIGHT parts supplied?

Do i need to buy a rubber, and is there a gasket type thing at the CAT?

WILL the exhaust hang straight???

SHOULD I attempt this with a semi-skilled mate? And how do the rubbers come out if i have to change it? lol

ANY comments appreciated!!! especially from David @ K-tec hehe!! Cheers all, Rob

use your std rubbers.

Take the old one off by unhooking it and unbolting the cat, there is a gasket there but get some gun gum or fire gum to seal it with on both sides of the old gasket.

whip off the old one, put on the new one. Its a simple task, no need to pay anybody.

Its a bolt on affair, nothing more.

The centre section needs no rubbers, its supported at the backbox end and the manifold.

H22A7 Accord Type R

Thanks Ben, just the little confidence boost i need!!! Surprised u said standard rubbers tho!! Ok, off to halford for some gum, and out wi the socket set! Cheers, Rob :)

Skoda Fabia vRS

just make sure you use Holts Gun Gum, and not an equivalent like Muflix, Gun Gum is a lot better.......having used both

personally though i couldnt be arsed an id jus take it to an exhaust place where they will have ur old one off, an ur new one on before you know it

oh an put somethin down like old curtains or summat, so you dont scratch your new exhaust....

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Rob, give me a call and I will give you a quick run down as I can talk alot quicker than I can type.

David.

01202 855020.