ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to get 182 speedo work with non sport abs

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Hi there.
First of all I've already searched and searched but no clear answer.. so I try to post a question.
PREMISE: I got a non-sport clio shell for fun/track use. the car has already received rear 1*2 brakes and swapped the rear RS abs 44t rings to non sport 36t rings.
FACT: I got 182 ecu, uch, dash and so on. In the future I'll fit a JC5 gearbox likely the 130 from a 182 so I'm thinking about the problem I'll have to drive the 182 speedo.
I know that 182 electronics take the signal from abs to calculate speed.
so the question is... can I retain my abs and just replace rings with 44t from a 1*2 or is even the pump electronic unit in need of change? I dont't need to keep abs working as I'll already have a racing brake pump and line ready.. I only need to make the speedo work.
For now I haven't a engine wiring loom yet, found a 182 and a 172 one. since some 172 can read speed from the gearbox sensor maybe could that wiring help (and obviously modify my 182 uch settings with the clip) or is not compatible with my 182 ecu/dash for some reason?
I've found similar threads but not one with my problem so I got only half answers... hope someone can help!

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Thanks for your answer.. Can you be a little more specific on how solve the problem?