ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to get my 182 to feel more "planted"

BG 182 FF
Hi all, i know this is an odd question, but drove my sisters 200 cup the other day. It feels literally GLUED to the road, just feels so stiff, with zero body roll. My question is can i make my 182 feel the same at all? I've read into PMS Top mounts/brace and Rear ARB but a lot seem to say that the rear ARB makes the car a bit tail happy, car is a 182 Full fat with sport line springs, standard mounts no powerflex ect, I've ran them on my previous 182 and the vibrations drive me mad! it is a road car, and is my daily work horse but would just like it to be that bit more "planted"

Be good to hear others opinions but I personally found the misses old 197, Megane 225 and now her 175 with Cup pack (eibachs) felt more planted than mine due to the platform / suspension and hub design, bigger wider wheels etc.

However on the flipside mine has always felt more alive and driver focused, compared with hydraulic clutch/EPS and so on from the newer cars

You will find your answer if you put them against each other IMO. I had no issue catching and leaving a Clio 200 behind on a Castle Combe session recently

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The mk3s do handle better out of the box And feel more planted because of the size of them and the reworked suspension (do 182s have perfohubs up front)

But I've been out in 182s with just a set of coilovers and the way they felt and went round corners was astonishing. I genuinely felt one was going to flip over mid corner because it shouldn't be able to carry that much speed lol.

Fit a set of decent coilovers id say

BG 182 FF
I've owned a 197 in the past, but like you both say they may "feel" planted due to the wider footprint and seem to be more sturdy on long higher speed bends. mine was just a standard 197 with H&R springs and a few other bits and bobs, so what coilovers would you guys recommend? I've heard good things about b14's. it is a daily driver so i don't want it too silly on the ride side, just something with a mix, i've heard b14's are quite good on the road? but unsure on other brands such as Gaz ect.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Agree with the comments. I've driven allsorts of cars that feel more stable but the way the Clio goes round the bends with a smile is hard to beat.

02 Iceberg 172
Fit Bilstein B14s and either set them to a height that doesn't compromise the rollcentres or set them lower and fit a rollcentre correction kit. A set of decent tyres and you're done.

I'm on Cooksports, Rear ARB and PMS Top Mounts & Strut Brace and it feels very planted and sure footed

I'm also on Polybushed/Solid Engine Mounts and on Michelin PS3's which I'm sure help contribute, also refreshing the shocks for new Cup ones helped