ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to get to the central heater vents

Clio 182
Hi all,

I've read the guide on how to remove the upper dash, is this the right way to get to and replace the central heater vent? I have a few slats missing and want to replace the unit with a new one and just wanted to check before I removed it. I've been told that they just pull out and can be replaced, is this true?

Many thanks.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Have you tried to just pry them out? I know most stuff in my Clio simply unclicks, with a bit of force!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Top Dash board out and it's from behind, takes 10 mins. if your Cup Phil it's 4 mins with a beer in hand.
Sorry they are behind the dash, take it off and you'll see. 7 bolts and job done.

My Central-right vent is missing a few slats and is generally just broken. Need to get a new one but not prepared to pay upwards of 30 notes on ebay for them! They do indeed just pull out, if it's broken already, close the vent to stop broken plastic falling in, then just pull the sucker out with a bit of wiggling.

I had the same problem mate. I went to the local scrappies and acquired some replacement slats from a normal mkII clio as they are the same. Removed the top dash and removed the middle vent control slider that is between the two vents.

It just clips off from the bottom which then allows you to easily unclip and replace the slats.

be careful with the slat holder plastic bars though as they are very brittle.

Good luck