ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to remove bird sh*t!!

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Came back from work to find the car had been sh*t on by the local pigeons / seagulls :mad: so i thought may as well clean the whole car when i get home. Problem is it took me ages just to get the bird sh*t off this one spot and no matter how hard i try i can still see the faded remains of it. I think the sun helped bake it on....anybody any ideas of products to try that will remove the remains of it that wont damage the paintwork.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S is it not about time pigeons + seagulls were culled?

106 GTi
Bird crap seems to etch easily into Renault paint. Try working on the area effected with a decent polish. Something like Autoglym Super Resin may sort it or you may need to step up to something like Meguiars Scratch X.

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Rich said:
Bird crap seems to etch easily into Renault paint. Try working on the area effected with a decent polish. Something like Autoglym Super Resin may sort it or you may need to step up to something like Meguiars Scratch X.

Thanks fingers crossed, Rich replied before i could PM him

Thanks Rich for the fast reply i will get some Autoglym Super Resin tomorrow and give it a go.

Clio 182
How do you actually wash the stuff off though after it's been baked on?? The really large crusty ones I mean - on my last Clio I managed to do about a 1m long ziz zag style scratch effect across my bonnet about a month after buying it brand new :S The crusty bits hadn't loosened enough and got caught in the sponge... Should it be jet washed off or something?

106 GTi
Karen said:
How do you actually wash the stuff off though after it's been baked on?? The really large crusty ones I mean - on my last Clio I managed to do about a 1m long ziz zag style scratch effect across my bonnet about a month after buying it brand new :S The crusty bits hadn't loosened enough and got caught in the sponge... Should it be jet washed off or something?

Lye a wet towel on it to pre soak it so goes soft before you try try and wipe it away.

Fast Glass works but also strips any protection that may be left on your paint.

Birds tend to eat grit so as Rich says try to pre soak it or get a jetwash/steam cleaner lance at it to remove as much as poss, rubbing it even with a washmitt could leave some nasty scratches.