ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to reset immobiliser

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
as above how to i reset the immobiliser on my dci ? seen alot of people talk about it but no one said how to fully do it .

tried starting car and heater plug light comes on and goes of again but the little light at the top in the middle just keeps flashing..

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
tested the starter motor and that works , it just seems to either be a key problem need to try a new batt for it as it is a few years old but still unlocks the car fine

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
could be a fucked keychip :(
ive just had the same prob on my car and had to get new key from renault im not gonna tell u how much it raped me for,

car not starting atall?just a flashing light instead of it going solid when ignition lites on?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Have any of you had a problem with the ecu not connecting to diagnostics? My 172 won't fire up and isnt getting fuel after standing for a week. The central locking works on the key but it isn't disarming the immobiliser. The battery had gone a bit lazy as well. Been onto a couple of guys on turbosport who know their way round Renaults and they suggest looking at relays in wet box by the battery and 2 sets of fuses, one by the battery and the other below the wipers on passenger side.
The engine turns over but no spark and no fuel pump which indicates an immobiliser problem.
Any help would be very useful.

clio sport 1.6 si
having the same problem, i have heard that pressing button on key while turning should stop it. I am going to try it later. Have you managed to sort the problem out yet?