ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to spot a good 1*2

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Hi guys,

Could anyone give me any tips on how to spot 1*2's on Autotrader? What to look for? I know belts are a big thing, but what else other than belts to look for? Cheers!

330i. E30 Touring.
It's simple for me.

If I can break it for more than I paid should it s**t itself, it's a good car.

Belts etc are irrelevant to me.

RB Clio 182
Hi guys,

Could anyone give me any tips on how to spot 1*2's on Autotrader? What to look for? I know belts are a big thing, but what else other than belts to look for? Cheers!

History/receipts
belts
stardard car/less chance of it being tracked etc
​Good advert/quality pics
body/panels/paint, from what you can make out from the pics
both keys
I always check tyres too as it seems people who buy good tyres tend to look after their cars more, cheap tyres/cheap maintenance imo.

Tbh, you cant be certain unless you go have a look around it/test drive it, and even then you wont spot everything.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
As they're getting old now. Good service history, the belts being done is a bonus as is replaced engine mounts because they will go at some point but the rest is in the hands of the gods as to it being a good one, make sure it drives right. But obviously you can tell if one is not right so walk away. Just my opinion.

I always check tyres too as it seems people who buy good tyres tend to look after their cars more, cheap tyres/cheap maintenance imo.
^^^^
​This definitely!!! I bought a dog of a 172 a few years back as I didnt pay attention to things like this. It had budget brand tyres which were completely useless. Turned out the rest of the car had been maintained (or not) on a budget. I never skimp on maintenance / tyres and would be very wary if a previous owner had!