ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to stop the airbag warning light when removing seats?

RS182 Full Fat
I want to put aftermarket front seats in my 182 but don't want the airbag warning light. I hear you can put a 3ohm resistor in the cable end. Searched and found a previous thread but it was unresolved. Any instructions on how to do this properly. I have also seen kits on ebay that do this but they are £38 quid per seat !!. for a bit a plastic.
ta for any help.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you know someone with the Renault 'Clip' computer diagnostic system, you can get them to turn off the seat airbags. Hey presto, no lights.

Same with the steering wheel too.

RS182 Full Fat
If you know someone with the Renault 'Clip' computer diagnostic system, you can get them to turn off the seat airbags. Hey presto, no lights.

Same with the steering wheel too.

Thanks for reply. i dont know any1. I wanted to avoid messing with the ecu in case it distrubs the custom map. I liked the idea of bodging it with a resistor better.

Ah also.. i can just unplug the seats without the air bags attacking my face?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yes they just unplug, they won't go off in your face. and getting them switched off properly will have no effect on your map. At all.

If you want to bodge it then I can't offer any advice as I've never done it. I prefer to get my cars fixed properly. ;-)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thanks for reply. i dont know any1. I wanted to avoid messing with the ecu in case it distrubs the custom map. I liked the idea of bodging it with a resistor better.

Ah also.. i can just unplug the seats without the air bags attacking my face?
It's a different ECU you ninny. There's no messing with the ECU, it's s totally standard procedure to reprog them. I've done it plenty of times.

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Recently installed Recaros in my 182 and subsequently had the airbag warning light on, cleared it by fitting 3.3 ohm resistors from Maplins.

IMG_20160130_134425.jpg