ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to tell Gearbox problem, To driveshaft problem?

Black PH2 172
Got a bearing sort of rubbing noise which sounds like its coming from the n/s - Its like a wheering noise which is at the speed of the wheels, Its there throughout all the gears and speeds and is even there if you depress the clutch pedal.

Changed all the mounts inc alloy bracket under battery tray and wheel bearing inc hub carrier...Seems worse since changing wheel bearing mind and having it all apart..Could it be the driveshaft as had it hanging whilst changing the bearing?

Next is check gearbox oil and obv change driveshaft..

Just wondering if anyone else had similar probs?​

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Is it lowered? I changed a load of parts on mine only to notice the shaft was running up against the bottom of chassis leg so took a bit off with belt file had a few jobs in with same prob now

Black PH2 172
Yea its lowered. Ok thats another thing to look out for when i get it up on the ramp, do u stil have the same problem? Part of me thinks the gearbox is fooobared!