ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How will these fit in?

Nissan 370Z
After snow foam, washing, claying, de taring etc...

IF i have something like 3m Quick Wax will that be best to use then dry with a uber plush drying towel?

Or would you dry, lime prime, then use 3m quick wax?

Thanks

Not a 320d
After snow foam, washing, claying, de taring etc...

IF i have something like 3m Quick Wax will that be best to use then dry with a uber plush drying towel?

Or would you dry, lime prime, then use 3m quick wax?

Thanks

Wh ydont you just use red mist, or Zaino Z8 which is better.

Clean car, dry, and then spray sealant on, buff gently with a towel, like a eurow one form CLean your car.

Because he's not got any protection to top up yet, Toby.

Once he's sorted the car (i.e. LSP, polish, clay, wash technique etc) then we can think about icing on the cake.

Nissan 370Z
So ideally it would be,
Pressure Washer
Snow foam
Rinse
2bm
Clay
de-tar
wash
Lime prime
nattys blue
Dodo Red mist?

Nissan 370Z
Thanks pal...lime prime how do you apply it...just spray it on and take it off with a microfibre?...drying before the lime prime?

Not a 320d
So ideally it would be,
Pressure Washer
Snow foam
Rinse
2bm
Clay
de-tar
wash
Lime prime
nattys blue
Dodo Red mist?

f**k me mate.

JD - he has Fk1000p, or did a few weeks ago, applied on the car over bare paintwork.

Spray with pressure washe to remove loose crud
Snowfoam
Pressure wash off
2BM
Pressure Wash off
Dry
Use tar remover if needed.
Clay (Why the f**k you want to do this after you only polished it a month ago i have no idea)
Might be necessary to rinse off with pressure washer at this stage.
Apply lime Prime Lite by hand using an applicator pad (Buy the white zaino perfect applicator pad from Clean Your Car)
Buff off
Apply wax, swipe test to check when its ready, buff off. Apply a pannel at a time. Id leave the car to stand in the sun if possible for a while, see if the wax gasses, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. use a new Cloth to go round the car and buff off the haze.
Red mist if you really want to.

What wax you thinking of ? Ive got a nearly used pot of Zymol Carbon if you can be arsed to come and get it. I have a brand new pot so i wont be using it anymore. Dont buy dodo juice.

Not a 320d
As said, Supernatural is good, but the rest are a bit pants. Not saying all dodo products are bad though, i use plenty.

Megane R26
Agree, BTBM and Lime Prime are amongst the best in their class. SN was good (V1), but I don't like it now. You can do much better for your money.

The new sealants will hopefully be good. Red Mist is overrated like hell too. Zaino Z8 nails it.

E87 118d M Sport
Its not "overkill", its a top up look at me im really shiny and fresh.

LPl > Z2 > Carbon > Z8.

Not sure how much JD has mentioned in PM (sure he's covered it) but LPlite is only a cleanser and doesnt have any cut, so wont remove any swirls etc if you have any.
Depending on the level of depth and durability you want, you could also use a sealant inbetween LPl and Carbon. Z2 is one of the best (imo)

I know Zymol is a wax, are you saying that and Zaino would be overkill?

You asked if Zaino Z8 would come after wax. Markie answered yes. I'm sure, by most if not all of his replies in this forum, he would have told you if it had been over kill buddy.

Its not "overkill", its a top up look at me im really shiny and fresh.

LPl > Z2 > Carbon > Z8.

Not sure how much JD has mentioned in PM (sure he's covered it) but LPlite is only a cleanser and doesnt have any cut, so wont remove any swirls etc if you have any.
Depending on the level of depth and durability you want, you could also use a sealant inbetween LPl and Carbon. Z2 is one of the best (imo)

Not a 320d

What im getting at is, why would you apply lime prime lite, which IIRC is a pre wax cleaner with little or no abrasives and provides a good base for a wax, and then apply a polish/ sealant over it.

Im obviously missing something, didnt mean for that to read in a arsy manner, i dont know everything ill admit that.

Surely LPL with Z Carbon over the top is acceptable.

I know what Z2 is, i own Z5, Z8 and ZFX amungst others in the Zaino range.

Z2 is a decent sealant. LPL has no protecting properties. Therefore, pre wax cleaner, seal, wax.

Sorry buddy. Caught me at a bad pre coffee moment, hence the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He's confused by the word polish in the Z2 title JD.

Not a 320d

I know what Z2 is, and what Z5 is, id never thought that using a sealant under a wax was a good idea (im obv wrong). always been under the impression that a good wax likes an oily surface, i know LPL and HD cleanse are not there to protect, but to provide a base for a wax to sit on.

No probz JD lol, my response wasnt eaxctly happy happy :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sealent can sometimes be used instead of a wax, I always try and seal then wax if time permits though.

I like a nice durable combination or even a tough sealent with a dodo wax that isn't as durable.

I have some aquartz reload sealent on it's way to me, can't wait to try it out. :)

Fair enough.

I know what Z2 is, and what Z5 is, id never thought that using a sealant under a wax was a good idea (im obv wrong). always been under the impression that a good wax likes an oily surface, i know LPL and HD cleanse are not there to protect, but to provide a base for a wax to sit on.

No probz JD lol, my response wasnt eaxctly happy happy :)

Sealent for long term protection, wax for looks. The sealent will out last a wax but sometimes not bead as well. No harm in doubling up.

Sealent can sometimes be used instead of a wax, I always try and seal then wax if time permits though.

I like a nice durable combination or even a tough sealent with a dodo wax that isn't as durable.

I have some aquartz reload sealent on it's way to me, can't wait to try it out. :)

My old Clio was Chem Guys Blitz'd throughout winter, then waxed only throughout the better months. But only because I have/had the time.

Megane R26
Z2 won't bond properly to a car which has LPL on it, which over time will reduce its durability significantly.

A lot of these oilier pre wax cleansers aren't suitable to have 'system specific' sealants being used over them. The whole 'polish, seal, wax' thing is old school thinking now IMO. It only really works when using SRP/EGP then a wax, or Chemical Guys EZ Creme, Jetseal then a wax (which I believe is where it all originated from - Marketing to sell sealants!)

In theory it adds extra durability, but you need to be careful which products you're mixing. Yes they will 'work', but they will also not perform as intended.

Waxing over Zaino in particular seems totally pointless to me - the point of Zaino is its slickness and ability to keep a car cleaner, for longer. Adding wax removes this 'feature' somewhat. Beading is decent too if topped up with Z8.

As with everything though, there is no right or wrong, just difference of opinion... armchair detailing... and application error! :)

Never had an issue with sealent then wax and the difference, if any, will be minute. But like you say Russ, personal experience and opinions!

To be fair, most clients are given the choice of either or as the LSP. Sealents for those that won't wash their car that often/winter details. Wax for those that will wash and reapply themselves.

Not a 320d
Never had an issue with sealent then wax and the difference, if any, will be minute. But like you say Russ, personal experience and opinions!

To be fair, most clients are given the choice of either or as the LSP. Sealents for those that won't wash their car that often/winter details. Wax for those that will wash and reapply themselves.

No, i ment the LPL topped with Z2. Sorry/