ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how would i amp front speakers?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
how would i go about amping front speakers in my 3 door clio, i mean how would i get the wires into the door, seems near impossible through the sleeve that holds the rest of the cables.....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pick up the yellow pages and call an auto electrician. That sounds like far too much hard work...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It would only take them half hour. Just get them to run the wires and you set it all up. Prob cost £30 tops.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
noooo if you really want to DIY then take out the rear seats and lift the carpet slightly... get a friend and slowly lift the carpet to make a sort of bevel in the center and also could remove the centre unit where the h-brake is and in that gap is loads of wireing room i use the center all the time ... well anyway just get all the center clear for the wire and then from there its easy to route the wire round the back of the dash into the door through the sealed gromet... long job but cheaper than electricien... make sure u leave a day to do this and get a friend to help you out and you be fine

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah i can get the wires from an amp piece of cake mate, its just trying to get it through the big clump of wires in the gromit and getting it through so i can find it in the door...!

might try it over the weekend with just a cut off!

you have to remove the plastic casing with wires intact and drill a hole through it in order to put through 16awg cable etc

2002 1.2 8v Clio
When I installed my cables ready for my system going in, I basically just pulled my drill out and hey presto!
Fed the cables trough, into a new protective case then re-sealed the hole using silicone!
Job done!

BMW M135i
I've used an unwired iso adapter to amp the front speakers, not exactly ideal due to the gauge of the stock wire but i'm hardly pushing big wattages.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
cheers for the help people, i'll have a look sometimme this weekend!