ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how would this setup perform?

172 cup 10/04/10>
bought my cup, came with a magnex twin backbox which is not to my taste,

in the future i plan to decat it, been looking at a stealth backbox, but thought i could go back to standar for an 1/8th of the price,

how would a decat sound and perform on a magnex silenced centre pipe and a oem backbox? would the restriction of them backbox make the decat pointless?

172 cup 10/04/10>
i have mentioned that route, but seems a bit much pricewise, i cud get a decat and oem style backbox but would the decat be pointess upstrem from a oem bbox? are they restrictive?

Dodgy one
Where do you work out you can get a standard system for an 1/8th the price? If thats the case everyone wouldl be doing it!

The standard ones tend to drop off after 30k anyways Stainless will probrably outlast teh car lol

172 cup 10/04/10>
ces do a standard backbox for around 40sheets, its only the backbox i want to change tp either a recessed single thats bumper mounted not below, or a oem one and loose the look so to speak...

the OE exhaust is straight-through and isn't restrictive (most modern OE systems aren't) - just doesn't last as long as it could

not sure about aftermarket boxes (CES) but easy enough to tell if it's straight-through

guessing it's going to be fairly noisy, but only one way to find out!

ed. check that the CES box will hook straight up to the Magnex centre pipe before buying

172 cup 10/04/10>
id love something like a supersprint 3 inch single that exits through the bumper

but,,,,,

im a tightarse and dont want to spend more that 200quid on just a backbox lol