ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC HD2

clio 16v
Any good or a load of old w**k?

Whats your thoughts on them people? will i be able to upgrade to windows 7 on it when its released?>

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I doubt you'll be able to upgrade to WP7 as it's a totally different operating system and Microsoft have funny rules about what hardware is allowed to run it.

If you want a smart phone you'd be better off with an Android device or an iPhone as at least you'll get updates on them.

I'd pass on the HD2 if I was you

clio 16v
not wanting to get an iphone as i have had a 3g and the 3g will be out soon and dont really want to wait. Android looks cool and i like the g2 but i like the customization of the window phones..... if you know what i mean ;)

Theres a pretty high chance of it being upgraded to WM7. HTC said so back in Nov and also theres pictures of it running it. Also the spec of the phone is pretty much the same as MS were using to show off WM7 last week. Its an ok phone but the onscreen keyboard is horrible (htc are apparently gonna fix it). Personally I would pass unless you are happy with WM6.5 and happy to update it when 7 comes out.

Audi TT
I'm a massive blackberry fan and I love my Bold 9000 dearly however it's upgrade time and they have nothing to top the 9000 yet IMO. The 9700 is a better phone but the smaller form factor puts me off. I can touch type on the 9000 without even looking faster than many people can type on a keyboard so it says something for the quality of the keyboard on it.

I've been looking and considered the HD2 however I'm holding out till the first week of April for the HTC Desire running Android 2.1. Looks the business and in terms of hardware it's bang on with a 1GHz snapdragon processor and something like 512mb RAM it's better specced than my first few computers FFS!

http://www.htc.com/uk/product/desire/overview.html

MY10 R35 GTR
ive got an HTC touch2 and love it. Admitadly it can sometimes get confused of you try and do to much at one time, but no complaints so far. No freeze ups in 2 months of owership

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I thought the legend looked like a cracker.

I do love my bold, no other qwerty could compete for typing.

Audi TT
Yeah the HTC Legend looks good and the 600mhz processor is certainly no slouch but I know I'd wish I'd got the Desire if I went with that. The one piece aluminium casing on the Legend does look and sound very good though.

Bold qwerty owns every other phone I've picked up. Not sure how I'll cope with the switch to touchscreen. We shall see but I'm not getting rid of the Bold till I know I'm ok with it. 14 day cool off period will be a testing time come April!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols we were talking about that the other day, the new iphone in june/july interests me as I like being with vodafone but will I really be able to use a touchscreen!

I like me bold! :(

Clio 182
Best phone I've ever used, with my E71 being a close 2nd!

Only thing is, you'll need to be pretty tech savvy or keep it upto date as its a winmo; but the pure speed of the it leaves any iphone behind!

Even if Win7 isn't going to be available for it i'm sure xda-developers will have it cracked within an hour or two lol!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Hopefully, this is going to be my next fone as I am sick to death of resistive touchscreens. There's a few videos on the "all that is tube", which shows the speed compared to the Iphone 3GS, Nexus One... Both fones are at a lower screen size and its not that far behind. There has been some talk over the last few days from Microsoft to suggest that they may upgrade this and a couple of the Toshiba handsets with a 1GHZ processor... Only time will tell lol.

That said, its a dam good fone and very speedy :).

the1 - I think you may be a little confused mate. You mention you don't want a touchscreen yet you want this phone which is touchscreen only. You then go on to mention that it might get a 1GHz processor upgrade in the future yet it already is running the snapdragon 1GHz.

Which phone are you thinking of?
http://www.htc.com/uk/product/hd2/specification.html

I ment that I am sick of resistive touchscreens and the HTC HD2 is Captive Touchscreen i.e. alot better imho. Yes I know it has a 1ghz processor, but Microsoft has mentioned that it may upgrade the handsets which already have the 1ghz to windows 7 series.. Thats all lol....

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I'm actually thinking of picking the HD2 up this weekend. I've had a play around with it, and I quite like it.

Doubt it'll get upgraded to Win7 though, aren't there specific specs that the hardware need to be... including the number of physical buttons...

Having read on xda-developers, most people don't seem that bothered as hopefully someone will create the correct ROM etc... to make it look like Win 7 etc,...

I do think Microsoft has shot itself in the foot though as who is going to buy a Windows Mobile 6.5 handset now with Win 7 around the corner?!. I was going to buy the HD2, but having heard them say no to the upgrade... Whats the point?.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Its more than likely that someone of XDA-Devs will cook a rom with WM7 on it. If you want to know what the phone is like then just go into an o2 shop and have a play with it. You'll know then if you want it or not. Its ment to be the fastest (Real) smart phone on the market (By hardware specs)