ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC hotspot for wifi??

R.I.P 182
Hey, can anyone give me a dummies guide to setting this up? I'm trying to access wifi on my laptop using the HTC. Its connected to my laptop but says it's not connected to the wifi.

In case Im not being clear, it's connected and accepted the password for it, yet isn't working?

Tried googling a how to but I don't understand it!

N using a smashed iPhone screen to browse is doing my head in when I have a perfectly large screened laptop here to use!!!

Will b great for me as I work away with no access to Internet other than my phone and again, phone is w**k!!!

X

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
When you hit 'hotspot' button on the phone, set it so there's no security.

Use the laptop to find the new wifi network.

Connect.

Job done.....

It really is that simple.

I'm presuming you have no wifi at home and that your HTC is connecting to 3G/H happily ?

R.I.P 182
Yeah Hun I'm at a clients til Monday and when he is in bed or out and I wanna pop on the laptop I can't as there is no wifi here. iPhone on O2 and HTC on orange both connected to 3G. I got it to connect with password but it juat won't give me any access?!

R.I.P 182
Oh just connected USB for it to do "Internet pass through" gonna try that.

iPhone wifi connects to the phone with password but then doesn't work either x

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As said, take the security off when you set up the hotspot... you won't need a password then. If that doesn't work, there's another problem.

Client/Bed/all weekend ? Doesn't sound suspicious at all :rasp:

R.I.P 182
How do I do that it won't let me do much in settings on the phone??

And I'm a live in carer lol.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
When I hit 'wifi hotspot' on my apps... HTC Desire .. there's one page of options.

There's an option to turn it on at the top, then SSID name, then security, then 'manage users'.

What does yours say ?