ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC ONE M8

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I really really love mine... for the whole two weeks I had it from buying on release date to it being stolen last monday.

Still waiting on my replacement, not to mention the case and SD card i have to claim for too. Scum bags.

Loved the 360 degree photo spheres though!

c***s ! Nicked from.where ? No security or tracking on it ?

c**ts ! Nicked from.where ? No security or tracking on it ?

Left it for less than 5 minutes on a changing room bench (so partly my fault) at work before I realised i'd forgotten it since I haven't bought a gym armband for it yet. Went back, missing. Tried to call it and it was already turned off, noone in sight, and google location tracks it up to the changing room before it was turned off.

This happened last monday, been waiting for a replacement since but the insurance through my bank is utter balls ): Then they said they have to mount a seperate claim for accessories (which Im cover for) once the replacement phone is received, despite them taking all of the details in the first claim! aarrggghhhh. Currently using my mates M7 he has spare after upgrading to the M8 ): ): ):

Security apps definitely going straight on the new one!

Polo + Micra
how gold is the gold coloured one? sometimes it looks quite dark but other times not so

i'm going to get a m8 but a toss up between gold and grey.

I'm due for an upgrade in July and I'm looking over phones. I've had the S1, 2 and 3 and I'm bored of Samsung now, plus I like installing custom roms so the fact the Samsung stuff comes preloaded with Knox security makes their new stuff a no-go for me.

For those of you who own this phone - how do you find the camera?
So far I've come down to the M8 or the Z2 but was worried the M8 looked like something I might only take photos of my food with.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Camera is absolutely fine squire.

This. I have no idea what people expect. It takes photos as one should expect a phone to take.
Bought my misses one yesterday and we both prefer them to iphones now.

Nothing fancy, Just a photo I quickly took of my back garden.
IMAG0037_zpssstpkgq8.jpg

Last edited:
  3000GT & RB 182
Started looking at this phone today as i'm due an upgrade (got a one X at the moment), initially i thought the camera is less good as it's half the megapixels of the one X, but then someone told me to ignore megapixels now.

Does it have HDMi connectivity ? I've got this cable from ebay that i hook up to my one X that hooks it up to any HDMI tv so you can watch films/series from your phone on any tv (handy in hotels etc).

I couldn't see it as an option on this comparison between the M8 and one X :

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/HTC-One-M8,HTC-One-X/phones/8242,6967

Polo + Micra
Started looking at this phone today as i'm due an upgrade (got a one X at the moment), initially i thought the camera is less good as it's half the megapixels of the one X, but then someone told me to ignore megapixels now.

Does it have HDMi connectivity ? I've got this cable from ebay that i hook up to my one X that hooks it up to any HDMI tv so you can watch films/series from your phone on any tv (handy in hotels etc).

I couldn't see it as an option on this comparison between the M8 and one X :

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/HTC-One-M8,HTC-One-X/phones/8242,6967

if it's a MHL cable then it should work fine

one thing i'm happy i found out about the M8 today that it now does mirror link :cool:

Inferno 182 CUP
Got one of these yesterday .. Came already rooted so I tried getting s off with firewater but won't work? Any ideas .. Tried re rooting to ensure it was done properly .. Came pre installed with HD revolution 8.1 rom - guy I bought it from obvs did it

Clio 172mk2
why do u need s-off? you can change roms with s-on.

im guessing hes rooted it via the htc web site, duno how firewater works, but do you need to enable the htc locks first?

Clio 172mk2
turn off fast boot in settings.

turn phone off, hold volume down and press power, keep holding down.

should take you to hboot, then select recovery, if this loads up something like CWM, its just a case of downloading a rom installing on here,

but with it been s-on you`l have to flash the boot.img via adb (fastboot) tools - this is done from the hboot selecting fastboot, each rom will have a step by step guide. << this is only bit the security wont allow the rom to do it through installer.

also s-on stops you changing radio files, or downgrading the hboots

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8

all roms etc guides will be on there

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Just ordered mine. Upgrading from the One X and am quite looking forward to it.

Managed to get it £37.99 per month with Double Speed 4G, 10GB data (just in case lol), unlimited minutes & text and £70 up front. (as apposed to £120)

Clio 172mk2
it shouldnt matter my htc one x is s-on and i run cyangen 11, the only thing you wouldnt be able to do is update the radio files to latest. So unless the code doesnt work with you current radio files, but tbh i think they would.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Why is it better than the Nexus 5? Battery / feel / camera or just prefer the HTC android version??
I really like the blink feed aspect of the sense software. Battery is much better, the nexus would last a day HTC lasts 1.5/2 days with same usage. And the design of the phone is much better than the nexus.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Interesting to hear Matthew, it's a lovely piece of tech, I really enjoyed the play I had with it.

Rav4
I really like the blink feed aspect of the sense software. Battery is much better, the nexus would last a day HTC lasts 1.5/2 days with same usage. And the design of the phone is much better than the nexus.
Sorry for the delay, appreciate your reply. I wonder what the new HTC is like :)