ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HU Cable Installation help!

RS Clio 182

Just bought myself an Alpine 7894RB head unit and found out it has a separate earth. Can anyone tell me where the best/easiest place to earth it would be? There doesnt seam to be any bolts onto the body work that are close to the HU compartment.

It also requires a separate connection to the battery. Can I put this anywhere into the fuse box?

Clio 200 FF

best thing to do is to run the cables through the bulkhaed through a grommet. I have an alpine hu and the live is supposed to be connected directly to the battery, best to connect the earth to the battery as well

RS Clio 182

Is the grommet thats already there easy to pass cable through? Or will I have to drill a hole through the bulkhead?

I connected my alpine headunit (7876) headunit using the factory fitted cables. I bought some autoleads specific for a 2002 clio but they missed of the power connection obviously assuming you are going to run it straight to the battery. This is not easy. I had a real good go at running it to the battery but i was having no luck. I tried so hard as i didnt want to cut into the original cabling.

A friend then looked at it and said why not connect it to the original power line. Stuck a different connector on the end of the alpine power cable and slotted it into the original power cable. Works fine.

As for earthing when you take the unit out amongst all the plasticy bits you will see a bit of meatal. I sort of jammed mine between some plastic and the metal as i didnt want to start drilling. 10,000 miles later and still no problems

alrite mate its easy enough if not seriously time consumin!

first off its much easier if you remove the top half of the dashboard...the DC-DC convertor will be seriously hard to position so its not in the way if u dont...if u dont know how to remove the dashboard follow the tutorial on cliosport but dont forget to pull off the A-pillar trims at the end otherwise itll never cum off...

right once its off get some 27amp cable from halfords and connect to the battery...if u look under the right hand suspension turret in the engine bay theres a huge grommit that the bonnet pop cable runs through...put a hole in it and run the cable through...then cums out behind top left hand side of dashboard...fit the cage from the stereo and then start pluggin in the ISO blocks...then solder the positive cable to the one uve just run and heat shrink it. once thats done look for a small bolt at the top of the dash just behind the original stereos display at the top of the screen...if u route the cable carefully it will reach this bolt without extending it...should already be two wires earthed to that point...once thats done, plug the loom into the back of the alpine. start slidin it in while positionin all the pre-outs + DC-DC convertor to the left hand side of the unit in the space between the glovebox and the stereo,

re-fit dash, job done! any probs, PM me

RS Clio 182

Cheers 4 the help m8. Its a simple enough job to do but its just so time consuming to do it right!